Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Winter running-gear. Talk to me.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Well, it’s getting a bit cold for the usual shorts and threadbare-vest ensemble. What do people wear for jogging/running? Whatever happened to tracksuits? Can you still buy them? Quite fancy one of those oldschool Hip-Hop era Addidas jobs. White on Red. Or Red on White. Or even GOLD on White…

But seriously? Trying to avoid wearing tights if at all possible

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Sorry… running tights, skin tight base layer (Nike, skins etc.), t-shirt on top, running gloves, buff and hat if it’s really cold.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If you can bear it, sports direct will sort you out with old style trackies.

bowie278
    Free Member

Cheshire Cat is right. Tights. Not gonna lie, they’re awesome. Get yourself some waterproof shoes as well. I did and they’re the best running thing I’ve bought.

footflaps

If it’s really cold i.e. sub zero then tights, short sleeved helly and pertex shell. Otherwise, shorts, T-shirt and maybe a pertex top will I warm up, then I just carry it screwed up in one hand.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Can you wear shorts over tights? I know they make sense but I’d just feel a bit exposed.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just get some tights. They feel dead sexy, and do the job 😀

piemonster

But seriously? Trying to avoid wearing tights if at all possible

Wear tights with shorts over the top if it bothers you.

To be honest I wish more blokes did this. There’s one fella from the club whose tights make his wanger look like a tiny acorn with the Lycra forming a vacuum packed surround. Not good.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Thermal leggings and top from eBay for around a tenner plus cheap tracky bottoms with a hoodie and gloves. Perfect

enduroforever
    Free Member

Almost forgot, don’t forget a silly bright Wooly hat just so people know that you are a runner

jambourgie
    Free Member

I wore a kind of tracksuit last winter. That thick grey almost fleecy stuff. Not good, weighs a tonne.

Yeah, I’ll do the shorts over tights thing. Apart from the fact that I’m pretty thin and 6’3, the park where I run is generally full of good-looking women. Need I elaborate?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Wear tights with shorts over the top if it bothers you.

To be honest I wish more blokes did this. There’s one fella from the club whose tights make his wanger look like a tiny acorn with the Lycra forming a vacuum packed surround. Not good.

Lol. Exactly.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Tights, base layer, gillet, beanie, gloves. Good to go down to minus 15 with the right gear. I tend not to run when its colder than that, if XC skiers have that as a limit then its good enough for me,(FIS limit -20 just checked)

MarkLG
    Free Member

I got some Nike tights from Sports Direct for less than £20. Short sleeve base layer and long sleeve top.
    Salomon GoreTex trail running shoes. If it’s windy I’ll wear a lightweight cycling windproof.
    If it’s wet I’ll use my waterproof cycling shorts and a Haglofs GoreTex active top.
    It’s surprising how little you can get away with wearing as long as you keep moving and have something light to keep the windchill at bay. I’d find a tracksuit way too hot most of the time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’d find a tracksuit way too hot most of the time.

Wasn’t that originally the point of tracksuits – to keep you warm whilst you’re hanging around not doing stuff, and easy to remove when you needed to ?

Pieface

Dignity shorts are for punters. Don’t resist, you know you want to.

Tights, woollen socks, HH lifa, gloves, hat and pertex should be fine. I also have a lightweight fleecy style long sleeve top in case of emergencies in the wilds (as well as other stuff)

Neil-F
    Free Member

I wear tights under my shorts, but I also have a pair of Retro Ron Hill trackies with the heel loop. You can usually get them on Wiggle and they’re only about £16.
    On top, you can’t go far wrong with anything from Decathlons wintery range. 😀
    I wear a Beany I got free a while back from MBUK (It was the only reason I bought the mag ok???)

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Or just apply plenty of rule#5

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Winter running-gear. Talk to me.’ is closed to new replies.