Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Winter (road) fork – struggling to find one
  • Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Just bought a second hand bike for winter duties. Frame is good, proper eyelets, but the fork is really tight for clearance and doesn’t have eyelets. For good measure, it also has a shape to it that means my old Raceblade isn’t sitting nicely.

Had a look around for alternatives but can’t find many. It’s a 1” 1/8th steerer, but all I’ve really found so far is the Tifosi mudguard fork for around £100, which admittedly will probably be fine. Does anyone know of any other options that I might be missing? Carbon preferred but open to options. Brake is already a deep drop so that’s taken care of

Premier Icon fasthaggis

Have you looked at Ribble,they do a cheapish sportive fork,don’t know what the clearance is like though.

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

There’s a great range of roadon forks on one of the german sites, bike duscount.de possibly.

I found quite a niche carbon fork that way, straight 1 1/8 steerer too

Premier Icon trailwagger
    Free Member

Try Kinesis, they do a good range of forks but probably not many that aren’t disc nowadays.

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Ribble was my first thought, nothing suitable these days

Did actually notice those Radon forks but didn’t really pay attention. Was bike-discount that had them iirc

Edit: nothing suitable there either. Not fancying gambling on another fork that only might take guards (with adapters)

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Kinesis offerings are all tapered now 🙁 went there first as it’s a Kinesis frame

Premier Icon fintan45
    Free Member

Pretty sure Spa Cycles do a carbon fork for their audax bike which might work?

Premier Icon Hedgehopper

Ha, timing 😁

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Well if 2 people are saying the Spa one…..

Think Tifosi are just Chinese carbon rebranded?

Premier Icon benz
    Free Member

I have a Kinesis DC19 fork in the shed.

Would that be any good?

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Thanks! But sadly not. I’m not running discs on this one

Premier Icon footflaps

I bought this last year to stick on my Il Pompino, out of stock unfortunately

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/forks/evo-carbon-iso-disc-audax-fork-700c-1-18-ahead-a613d/

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Thanks for everyone’s help, now have a very nice looking Spa Cycles one on. Finally not annoying bands or the like holding on mudguards!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.