• This topic has 127 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by will.
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Winter road bikes, lets see them.
  • cp

That saddle angle looks painful!

THIS saddle angle is painful. Not the first time this has happened many miles from home without the 6mm allen key to tighten it up. The seatpost is now in the bin.

No matter how tight that single bolt is, it always comes loose.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Saddle angle is ok now, seat tube angle is a bit slacker on this than my geared bike and i hadn’t re-adjusted it yet.

Gearing is 42×16 which is fairly easy on flat stuff, ok into a headwind and a bit of a grind on steep stuff. Did Bournemouth to Brighton on it in a weekend in May, 140 miles including South Downs and it was really comfy and only leg breaking a couple of times.

Kato

My only road bike. Bought it for riding in the winter though, so I guess it counts

flip
    Free Member

crazy-legs

No proper pics of the actual bike so this will have to do.
    First generation Specialized Langster.

It’s been upgraded with WI freehub and BB, Mavic Open Pro on Goldtec hubs and better brakes. The headset got replaced a while ago when the original one died. It’s done just under 60,000 miles now. Fantastic bike. 48:17 gearing.

zerocool

I ride my 07 Bianchi Nirone most days of the year, I don’t see any point in modifying it for the winter as all it’s components are waterproof. Actually I lie, in the winter I tend to only need 1 bidon. never saw the point in mudguards, they just seem to collect sharp things and cause punctures in my experience (also they look lame). A little spray never hurt anyone.

The GF rides her Madone all year around as well and never had any problems with it being carbon.

Although I do use a Specialized Langster for my commute when I’m working in Hertfordshire (no need for gears as there are no real hills in Herts) and the only thing that has changed for the winter is tyres with more tread as half my commute is dirt track.

Tom KP

eyerideit
    Free Member

My winter bike
    My summer bike
    My commuter
    One road bike fits all – well for me anyway

will
    Free Member

Sorry Crazy Legs – 70,000 miles? I don’t know how old that bike is, but assuming 7 years old, even 10,000 winter miles a year is impressive…

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Winter road bikes, lets see them.’ is closed to new replies.