Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • winter road bike gloves
  • garage-dweller

Having been out on the roadie on Sunday I realise the weeks left in track mitts this year are limited so can anyone recommend some good winter road bike gloves preferably bright with some reflective stuff for the commute and foul weather?

Also what brake pads for someone who uses them a bit too much? I am heavy (but a bit slow) so a bit of bite won’t go amiss.

Thanks

edhornby

assuming alloy rims, swisstop green – the best bad weather pads bar none. They may seem pricy but compare that cost to a trip to the dentist cos you grabbed a load of lever and nothing happened… don’t feel bad about wearing them out, that’s what they are for, although keeping the rim and pad clean helps the longevity

winter gloves – Aldi. Really, they are great. You could spend a lot and get the same outcome.

scotroutes

Gore Tool for gloves.

senorj

Gore (+1),windstopper with white reflective bits work for me .
    (with liner when v cold.)

onandon
    Free Member

Yep – gore so gloves

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I went down the local motorbike shop and had a chat with them. Got some excellent gloves which balance dexterity, waterproofness and insulation. They even have fluro backs to them.

fubar
    Free Member

Brakes – Koolstop Salmon

lunge

No idea on brake pads, I just use the standard Shimano ones. But for gloves I use Aldi winter jobs and they really are awesome, better than some gloves I own that cost 4 or 5 times as much.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I do work for them but I think these are good for road:

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-aros-windproof-gloves

oldboy
    Free Member

+1 for Aldi’s gloves – they’re very good! I keep a spair pair in the car for those really icy winter mornings, as the gel pads are really grippy on the stearing wheel.

bol

I’ve had a couple of pairs of Specialized Deflectors. They’re pretty warm and waterproof, but have a fairly thin front so that you can still feel what you’re doing. Easy to get on and off too, and you can even use an iphone wearing them.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Excuse the hijack, but how do you find out when the Aldi cycling gear goes on sale? Interested in trying the winter gloves – I normally ride gloveless but it’s starting to get a bit nippy for that.

dogthomson

I usually find out by a PSA thread on here! I picked up some of the winter gloves this time and was very impressed for the money.

jimmers
    Free Member

Brakes – Koolstop Salmon

+ 1

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you’ve got decent wheels on your bike at the moment, I’d get a set of cheap ones for over the winter so you don’t **** your good ones.

mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 for some winter wheels and winter rubber, and salmon pads.

For winter gloves I use some Craft lobster ones. They are brilliant. They’ve got a removable inner five finger glove liner thing and then the outer lobster glove has plenty of room for your fingers to wiggle about and stay warm (so you can take the inner out if it’s too warm.) Never had cold hands with these on.

garage-dweller

Thanks all will keep them peeled for the Aldi gloves then. I only have cheapish wheels to go with my cheapish road bike. I expect to where the whole thing out over the next year or so then go a little bit nicer.

mikey74
    Free Member

I bought these the other day:

Warning: Evans Cycles linky

Having tried them in the pouring rain last night, albeit only for 7 miles, I am impressed so far.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘winter road bike gloves’ is closed to new replies.