Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Winter Riding Trousers For Gnarcore Enduro Radicalist
  • doomanic

You’re right actually; the size chart says 35-37. I wear 34” jeans, chinos and suit trousers and the Enduras are looser than the suit trousers but tighter than the chinos and much tighter than the jeans. I have Humvee shorts in L and they are slightly looser at the waist than the Singletrack trousers.

The Decathlon website says L is 34” but the customer guide says they come up small which I’d agree with.

benp1

Hows the length? Always disappointed at trousers, they’re usually too short. Even a long length that goes to 33 inches, that’s not long!!

heinz

@rascal I bought the Decathlon pants online size 32, I too went through the sizing chart which recommended the 32’s. My Fox flex airs are a 30 which also fit fine. My pads are Endura M500 lite so are not bulky, fitting them is not a problem. I like riding trousers to be quite fitted which both the Decathlon and Fox trousers are for me.

Can’t comment on the build quality as of yet but I have no concerns upon initial inspection and the £40 price tag.

doomanic

Hows the length? Always disappointed at trousers, they’re usually too short. Even a long length that goes to 33 inches, that’s not long!!

I’m 5’9” and wear regular length trousers. The Decathlon trews are pretty much bob on for me once you take pedalling into account.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Well my third pair are arriving today to try on. Dakine Thrillium far too tight on the ancle cuff and holes in the crotch I mean come on who invented that idea when you ride in mud and damp! Ion Softshell, lovely quality but the waist fit but the thighs were far too tight. Today should be arriving Endura Shower MT500 pants, fingers crossed!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Endura Shower MT500 pants

MT500 Spray?  Come back with your opinion please, like the look of those for winter

julioflo
    Free Member

Hi – Can anyone update on how well the Nukeproof Blacklines are working out please? I have just seen that Wiggle have the for £56 so am very tempted. I was about to go for some Fox Flexairs as so many positive noises on here.
    Specifically, I am after something shower proof and able to handle splashes and spray. Which the Fox Flexairs are reported to do, but I’m not so convinced the Nukeproof do.

wzzzz
    Free Member

My decathlon AM seem to ride up a little on the kneepads leaving ankle more exposed.

Have to keep pulling them down the lower leg. Either the cuff is a little loose or they are little tight on the pads.

No problems without pads, and with less bulky d30 sleeve type pads.

Even though they are light fabric they feel much warmer than shorts even on cool days.

jedi

Fox ranger for me. The waterproof version is OK too

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I may find anything in 32” waist in stock of the Rangers/Nukeproofs or even the Enduras?

Been looking for a while and after getting drenched again this morning I’m keen to find something.

jimmy

Hows the length? Always disappointed at trousers, they’re usually too short.

Conversely,  I can’t find anything short enough. It’s like short leg folk don’t exist as far as mtb trou go.

stevemorg2

have a look at Keela Road-runner trousers – water resistant not waterproof but wind proof, quick drying and really comfortable. Picked up mine in the Keela clearance section for £50

oikeith

Does anyone know where I may find anything in 32” waist in stock of the Rangers/Nukeproofs or even the Enduras?

Try calling some local shops that dont have an online store? One of the LBS near me are good for this, always have stock of stuff but wont show up from a google search.

I’m still on the hunt for some Winter trousers that I like, picked up some flexairs but am not a fan of the fit, too tight at the ankle cuff and more MC hammer in the thighs with a hint of bin bag rustle. Also tried some Troy Lee Sprints which I thought with all the mesh would be quite cold, but they were the opposite and actually overly sweaty knee warm.

Was going to pick up some of the Nukeproof ones but then they went into Black Friday on offer so are out of stock, might look at the 50to01’s next or the Royal ones.

jonba
    Free Member

These look interesting. I’m a bit middle aged for the jerseys though

https://www.commit-equip.com/product-page/reaper-trail-trouser

5plusn8
    Free Member

FYI those revolution race run about 1.5 -2 sizes too small, I bought a medium womens pair for my 13 year old 50kg daughter, she cannot get them over her thighs.
    The xl one for me feel like medium mens.
    Plus delivery is about 12 days.
    The xls by the way fit my 13 year old nicely.
    They seem excellent quality and I am irritated to have to send some back when the website says the fit is true to size, plus there is no way a 2xl pair will fit me. This swedes must be hell skinny.

Bagstard
    Free Member

The Nukeproof ones are great if you can find some.

jimmy

have a look at Keela Road-runner trousers

@stevemorg2
    – I bought a pair of these and they fit well, but I didn’t fancy their chances of lasting very well. No reinforced or gusset crotch, so I can well imagine they’ll disintegrate prettty quickly in muddy or gritty conditions. Albeit I have since bought a mudhugger which keeps my butt totally dry and clean. Have you had yours long enough to comment on longevity?
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”></div>

stevemorg2

Not had the road runners long but my scuffers which are made of the same material are lasting really well – only bought the road runners because the scuffers were a bit baggy on the bike.The road runners were £50 in the Keela sale if they do wear I’ll by another pair

jimmy

I’ll watch out for a sale – defo worth it at the price, probably good at full price.

tomaso
    Free Member

A mate of mine tried a few pairs to get them suited to his slim build. He settled on these Decathlon ones for the French cut https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/am-trail-mtb-pants/_/R-p-309674

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Winter Riding Trousers For Gnarcore Enduro Radicalist’ is closed to new replies.