Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Winter reads and tipples
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

So now nights are getting dark and cold, I am spending more time in the evenings reading.
    I am currently reading Llama Drama, a tale of two women cycling through South America, by Anna McNuff. Recently signed up to Adventurous Ink, so this is my first book from them.

Drink of choice would be the Quantock Brewery Breakfast Stout. a real winner.

So, what are you currently reading and what would be the tipple of choice?

pondo

Currently reading Walking In Circles, by Todd Wassel, his memoir of walking a 750 mile pilgrimage trail in Japan – really good, lots of interesting cultural stuff, a few contradictions, and the amount of times he dry-heaves through dehydration is stunning, but a good, interesting, funny book. 🙂

Tipple – Brew Tea Co’s breakfast tea does the job for me right now at library time. 🙂

richardkennerley

Currently reading “the living dead” which is part authored by George A. Romero. It’s ok if you like that type of thing.

Good tipples I’ve found in Tesco are brewdog/evil twin Imperial stout and London brewing tiramisu stout. Both lovely.

Poopscoop

I’ve got “A Short Ride On a Fast Machine” sitting here to read which I want to get around to. It’s supposed to be very good.

That Llama Drama sounds good mate.👍

Diet Raspberry Coke.😐

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Poop, if you want to do a bookswap I’d be happy to post it to you in return for a short ride once you are done?

bsims
    Free Member

Atlas of Extinct Countries by Gideon Defoe. Each chapter is about a particular country and quite short so can be read in 10 minute bites if you are short on time.

I’m liking St Austell Tribute at the momment – Its got a nice rural flavour and not too strong that it affects reading after a few.

StuE
    Free Member

Drinking tea and re-reading One man and his bike by Mike Carter and just finished (and enjoyed) the new Strike novel

lister

Just found a stash of my dad’s original James Bond books so I’m working through those.
    Clocks have changed so it’s whisky season: Talisker and many others in Tesco on offer with a club card at the mo 👍

Coyote
    Free Member

Brooklyn Lager, Innes and Gunn, Leffe Brun season.

Reading “The Harvest Man” by Alex Grecian and “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R. Covey.

cinnamon_girl

Any recommendations for online old, secondhand non-fiction book sellers please?

fasthaggis

Two short story collections

H.W.F.G  – Chris McQueer

and

We Know What We Are – Russ Litten

Rereading Consider Phlebas – Iain M Banks

Rusty Nails or whatever Rioja is in the house.

BTW

I thought “A Short Ride On a Fast Machine” was ace 

mrb123
    Free Member

Just finished the Secret Barrister’s latest. About to start on Wilding, the book about the conservation work done on the Nepp Estate.

Drink of choice currently Kilkerran 12 or some Ledaig 10 if I’m in the mood for something peated.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Reading October Sky by Homer H Hickam. This is a reread and it’s as good as I remembered. Young lad in West Virginia growing up during the space race wants to be a rocket scientist and succeeds against the backdrop of a declining town and reluctant father.

Tippling decaf coffee and tea and AF beer. Go me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Winter reads and tipples’ is closed to new replies.