Winter jacket for blokes like me

Home Forum Bike Forum Winter jacket for blokes like me

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Winter jacket for blokes like me
  • oldgit

I’m trying to find a winter jacket that fits properly. I can’t be the only bloke that’s broad but not tall.
    My chest 42″ and neck 17″ put me at about XL.
    My waist 32″ and height 5’8″ put me at XS or S.
    So a jacket I can do up and fits under my arms ends up right past my backside. And when I have stuff in the back pockets it’ll hang over my saddle.

My race kit fits great. I order large club cut and it’s spot on.

Any ideas?

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Womens? Seriously, big up top but narrow waist with shorter body, probably in pink too

anc

Try the gore jackets. Apart from the fact they’re probably one of the best makes for jackets they have different fits. Slim or relaxed. I fit medium in the slim stuff which I use for roadying .But also have a cosmo mtb jacket which is the relaxed fit in the small which fits perfectly also(38 chest 5’11). The relaxed stuff is roomier around the chest.

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Gore are very much European (Italian cyclist) fit.

American makes (pearl izumi) tends to be more roomy for a given hight, could also try north face or mountain hardware for non specific jackets that may do the job, they tend to have quite a boxy cut.

anc

Gore are very much European (Italian cyclist) fit.

The slim fit stuff yes xenon, oxygen etc, not so the relaxed comfort fit stuff cosmo, path, countdown, etc much more the American fit.

boxfish

OP – Your measurements are close to mine. I found that an Endura Venturi II in Large fitted well, if slightly too long in the body.

Having tried a few pieces of Gore clothing, I don’t even bother anymore. They don’t do chunky/stocky/fat*, except maybe for socks…

* delete as applicable

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Sombrio are generally a more… ahem… ‘relaxed’ for the more generously proportioned …erm… ‘dude’, without feeling baggy.

Premier Icon deus
    Subscriber

Always found the sizing of Sombrio to be very variable, it’s like they make the clothes and then randomly stick size labels on them. I do like their stuff though.

I’ve got a large Howies Scholler wintery softshell which would fit 42″ nicely. I’m 5’8″, 45″ chest 34″ waist, 17″ neck.

Jamie

I am currently in the process of trying on a bazillion jackets at the moment.

If you do look at Gore, try the Phantom. I am 5’7″ with 38″ chest, and found it fine arms/length but too baggy in the body. Sounds ideal for you.

oldgit

Been trying on a few, all the same. To fit chest/upper arms/neck they hang down right past my bum.
    No issues with jerseys though, so I’ve ordered an Endura Roubaix jacket which is basically a heavyweight jersey. Hoping that and a base layer and gilet will do the trick.

Premier Icon mudfish
    Subscriber

Howies extra miler – if it’s still available it’s wide and short.

hitman

endura equipe

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Winter jacket for blokes like me’ is closed to new replies.