Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Winter hill road closure (Belmont)
  • pgh1892
    Free Member

Went to rivi yesterday and there’s signage on winter hill reading that the roads closed from the 28th for 8 weeks, if anyone is there this week and fancies updating the thread as to weather the summit is still accessible that would be great, I only know that route to the top from wilderswood, I’ve got a big ride pencilled in for the 4th so any help would be appreciated

Junkyard
    Free Member

Riding it Tuesday so I will explore and I will let you know.

They occasionally say this but how would they actually block it/close it to a bike ?
    They sometimes close the gate but you can get over it easily enough or go round the masts to get to San Marino/belmont descent.

pgh1892
    Free Member

Thanks junkyard

Moor lane is closed which scuppered me a bit yesterday over anglezarke, they had a long metal fence sort of enclosing a long stretch of the road, if they do that to Georges lane I just thought it would be a miserable slog along the moor land next to the road, fingers crossed it’s still accessible anyway

chakaping
    Free Member

You could get past the Anglezarke closure with a bike no probs last weekend. I sneaked through on my roadie.

pgh1892
    Free Member

I must admit I didn’t even get close enough to try, wish I’d been cheekier now because it missed a nice little bit of my ride

simmy
    Free Member

Yeah the closure at anglezarke was passable last week as I went through on the roadie, bit mucky though so left the brakes a bit gritty.

Which road is it near the mast that’s up for closure ? The actual mast road ?

There’s a few cheekys to get round though….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Where is the closure at anglezarke?

simmy
    Free Member

Where is the closure at anglezarke?

Its on the actual road, think its called moor road. Go past Healy Nab memorial forest on your left, don’t go upto the nab, go down to the gate on the road, turn right and its in the dip.

Looks like United Utilities are doing something to the resiviour so not a problem if out on the mountain bikes but can mess a road ride upto the tops up a bit.

pgh1892
    Free Member

The Belmont road closure is georges lane, the road that leads right through the gates, hopefully it’s passable round the side, wouldnt fancy riding through the barricades while people are working

simondbarnes

Certainly plenty of ways to get to the top today, didn’t come across any closures / signs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Winter hill road closure (Belmont)’ is closed to new replies.