Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Winter has landed, so here's a pic of my log burner to warm you up….
  • steelfan
    Free Member

My Charnwood C4 fitted earlier this year.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ours. Shortly after decorating.. Not finished yet tho’.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes, Derek it is a beast, Dru 78, 13kw max, 235kg, pretty frugal on fuel though, a brilliant stove.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlespeedstu

This one’s in the reception.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pkPWPd]Rustic.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

This ones in the drawing room.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/dKRwrT]20130112_141758[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

This is the fuel store.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/m57FKj]20140315_131353[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

This is the portable one.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/oi5Ab8]Son of Hibachi[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

cb

Daffy / Bedmaker – do you get issues with smoke in the room when you re-stock your Morsos? I have the same as Daffy but quite often get a face full of smoke when I put more logs in. Tried the opening door slowly trick but still occasionally get smoked out! Any way of avoiding this…apart from not putting more logs on!

fatalbert
    Free Member

Nobody roasting chestnuts?

Steelfan how you finding your C4? Can you leave it going all night without the glass blacking up.
    What fuel do you use?

steelfan
    Free Member

fatalbert- great little stove and heats up pretty quick. I do sometimes leave itrunning all night simering away and yes the glass does blacken up after a while and I haven’t worked out how to stop this or if you can. I use a mix of seasoned logs and smokeless fuel.

fatalbert
    Free Member

Yep, Iam also using a little smokeless fuel with seasoned logs. Iam going to pull the multi fuel grate out and just try burning logs, I shall let you know how I get on.

winston
    Free Member

fatalbert/steelfan do you not find the C4 lacks controllability with only 3 positions rather than say a morso with a screw in controller?

fatalbert
    Free Member

Winston.. I had a multi fuel previous to the C4 with screw thread inlet at the bottom and sliding air wash inlet on the top of the stove.
    I also did wonder if just having 3 settings on a lever would be a issue, but to be honest I think it’s works fine.
    The glass blacking up I suspect is because of its small size, once all fuel has been burnt it’s cooling down during the night and residue fuel leaving deposits on the glass.
    It’s just case of a bit of spit and a wipe with newspaper to clear anyway.

I decided on the C4 for its single control, as Iam away from home a lot, so it’s left to the wife to run, she just wants fire and heat quick and easy.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I have a C4 and have used supertherm smokeless coal to keep it going for longer periods . Seems to tickover for days and will be warm enough in the morning to bung some kindling on it and get it going again . Well worth the investment .

winston
    Free Member

Yeah – I’ve got one but I’ve found that though its easy to light and burns well its difficult to reduce the burn before it just peters out. I seem to be going through wood much faster than in my last house which had a morso squirrel. Having said that I like the stove and the way it looks

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Yes i agree mine will chomp through the wood pretty quick but then it sometimes depends on what type of wood you use .

steelfan
    Free Member

Winston- This is my first stove so never really tried anything else. I like the simplicity of the three positions and seems to work fine but It’s probably a little better to control using smokeless rather than wood.
    Fatalbert- I also though about taking the grate out but I have quite a bit of smokeless fuel because wicks were doing 3 for 2 on the homefire 10kg bags. Still be interested in how you get on without the grate.

Edukator
    Free Member

I think some of you should check out the safety distances of flamable materials to your stoves – that Christmas tree. :-/

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes, some real dodgy stuff on this thread, can’t believe the idiot with logs balanced on top of his stove.
    Joking aside, if anyone has problems with smoke coming out the stove when refueling, try opening up the vents for a minute, then close them, now crack the door open, the stove will now draw through the door opening and if you fuel quickly you will get no smoke. If you still get smoke then your not getting the stove up to it’s correct operating temp, probably wood is not dry enough.

teasel
    Free Member

can’t believe the idiot with logs balanced on top of his stove

Twinwall – what are those strange grey semi circle things atop your stove…?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Hi teasel, they are pieces of soapstone, wrap em up and put them in the bed 20 mins before retiring. Small pieces can be put in the freezer then used to cool your malt without watering it down.

teasel
    Free Member

Ah, right. Like the dual use. Or even triple use with the log supports on the stove.

samuri
    Free Member

I think some of you should check out the safety distances of flamable materials to your stoves – that Christmas tree. :-/

It’s funny that. This is the second year we’ve had the christmas tree that close. Even when the fire is flat out, pushing 400 degrees on the pipe thermo, the nearest branch is only warm to touch. All the heat comes from the pipe.

bedmaker

Daffy / Bedmaker – do you get issues with smoke in the room when you re-stock your Morsos? I have the same as Daffy but quite often get a face full of smoke when I put more logs in

Never on my stove, even when it’s cold, but I know of others who do. I’ve got a twinwall chimney though which draws very hard.
    Any smoking issues will be the chimney rather than stove.

Dolcered

stove + the dug

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Continuing the dog theme, here’s ours, with visiting spaniel…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qhRDxC]Untitled[/url] by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

andrewy

Here’s ours keeping us toasty at the coast.

spooky_b329

timber

In just before Christmas, work in progress, now has slate surround.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Glorified gas fires the lot of them.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Winter has landed, so here's a pic of my log burner to warm you up….’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts