Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Winter gloves… What you got then ?
  • footflaps

Those dissent 133 things look interesting, certainly good value, full set is same price as the Castelli Estremo gloves….

paulblair199
    Free Member

Did anyone tried electric heated gloves?
    I’ve searched the web and found both bad and good accidents about these gloves.
    Some sources even stated they can treat Raynaud’s disease https://www.the-rheumatologist.org/article/heated-gloves-may-improve-hand-function-diffuse-systemic-sclerosis/

I personally got no problem with my fingers and knuckles, I only want to be sure if they are 100% safe.

My Seal Skin gloves are about to come apart, so I’m considering to purchase some Snow Deer or Savior heated gloves.
    In case someone needs more info on heated gloves https://wildproofgear.com/best-heated-gloves/

bsims
    Free Member

I’ve got some Madison avalanche gloves which I bought for this winter. They are very warm, I have found that above 0 degrees they are too warm when working hard.

DezB
    Free Member

EIGO Claw Gloves from SportPursuit. £15. Great fit, not too bulky and so comfy. Recently feel the cold more, so glad I found these.

mcnultycop

Neoprene gloves work well for me in autumn conditions, but in full cold and wet conditions it is silk liner gloves and a thick pair of Madison commuter gloves I’ve had three years and the model number has worn off. The silk liner gloves make all the difference.

footflaps

I personally got no problem with my fingers and knuckles, I only want to be sure if they are 100% safe.

What do you mean by 100% safe?

ElShalimo

Has anyone got the Galibier Ardennes gloves?

I have the barrier gloves for very cold rides but would like some thinner ones for more normal cold temps

k1100t
    Free Member

Has anyone got the Galibier Ardennes gloves?

@ElShalimo
    Yes.

ElShalimo

@k1100t – are they any good for those windy days with  digit temps that feel much colder? What’s the padding like?

ElShalimo

Oops typo

“Single digit temperature”

FOG

Problem with recommending gloves is that people’s circulation differs so much. There is a bloke in our riding group who never seems to get cold hands or feet and gets away with what I would call summer gloves all year round. He never wears winter boots and only bothers with Sealskins if it is particularly wet. Another in the group has Renaulds and his hands look like dead dough after a cold ride. I am to the cold end of the spectrum, I have Galibier Barriers but they are an Autumn glove for me. I need full lobster when it gets really cold and as for my feet– they are never warm from November to March

k1100t
    Free Member

@ElShalimo Apologies for the flippant answer… I’ve been impressed with them so far, they were lovely on the first ride; windproof, warm. Second ride they got saturated, took longer to happen that with the Briskers they replaced, they remained windproof and dried out a bit, eventually. Since then though, the index finger on my left hand has tightened up and can get annoying after three hours or so.

As @FOG has pointed out, what works for me, might not work for you, having said that, I’ve found them to be adequate for my uses. The nice thing about them, unlike the Briskers, is they’re windproof regardless of conditions. So while my fingers have been cold some mornings when setting out at 06:30, they have warmed up as the temperature has risen.

I have though about getting a pair of those Endura waterproof over gloves for when it’s very wet, other than that, they get a thumbs up from me.

ElShalimo

@k1100t  – Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Winter gloves… What you got then ?’ is closed to new replies.