Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Winter gear: Gloves, tights, overshoes
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Recommendations please, if you don’t mind 🙂

Oh, and they’re mainly for the road, and no bibs please.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Aldi next week for winter gloves …. Superb value / quality !

mrblobby
    Free Member

Recommend some lobster gloves if for the road only…

I’ve an old pair of these and they are brilliant. Use with the lining for properly cold days or without for milder days. Nice that your fingers have room inside to wiggle about and keep warm.

Always had the Endura neoprene overshoes, current pair are a few years old. I’ll get another pair when they wear out.

mikey74
    Free Member

Those lobster gloves look good (if nothing else for the zoidberg impressions I could do). When you say “milder days”, what sort of temperatures?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mostly through autumn and winter they just get used without the liners. If it’s a scraping the ice off windscreen sort of day then likely liners too. Great thing is you can start the ride with the liners in, then if it gets too hot just take them off and use without. I really like them.

lunge

Gloves – Aldi. Really, they are bloody brilliant. I have a pair that are a size too big that I use with some silk liners (£4 from Decathlon) when it’s REALLY cold.

Overhoes – I’m not sure there is much difference in any of them. I’ve got some Endura waterproof that are good, some Planet-X neoprene that are good and some lighter weight Planet-X Roubaix that are good for slightly warmer days. I’ve also got a pair of toe caps that a bloody brilliant this time of year.

Tights – Decathlon, the 700 membrane tights are really good. And do consider bibs, in the winter they are a huge help stopping cold backs and chests.

stumpy01

Overshoes – I got some BBB ones for the road bike last year. They are really good – keep my feet warm, dry & pretty easy to put on & take off.

Gloves – I’ve got some Specialized wind proof ones that work well in most temperatures until it gets properly cold. They are a mid thickness, so you can still feel what you are doing.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Planet X Neoprene Overshoes for £10, Aldi Gloves for £5, dhb Vaeon Roubaix Pro Padded Bib Tight for £80.

Sorted!

p.s Singletrack rule applied of recommending what you own.

mikey74
    Free Member

p.s Singletrack rule applied of recommending what you own.

How else would you recommend something? Would you recommend something you didn’t own? That wouldn’t make sense, would it?

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Perhaps I’m just crap, but if it’s windscreen scraping weather I spend most of the ride sliding down the road on my arse. Is there some special technique I’m missing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Winter gear: Gloves, tights, overshoes’ is closed to new replies.