Winter camping Snowdonia; where?

Home Forum Chat Forum Winter camping Snowdonia; where?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Winter camping Snowdonia; where?
  • I’d like to go next weekend for some rambling over the hills. Where should I camp?

flatfish

Wild camp

Premier Icon timidwheeler
    Subscriber

Gerwn gof uchaf and Gerwn gof isaf should both be open. The facilities aren’t great at either but the location is excellent. A bit further south, the camping in the forest site at Beddgelert is open. It is a far nicer site.

You can do a whole bunch of great stuff from Gwern gof Isaf. Otherwise wildcamp like flatfish said – there are some nice spots in the Ogwen area, a little forum trawling will probably get you grid references too.

Have fun. 🙂

Ah I’ve camped at Gerwn gof isaf and it’s ideal for the Glyderau. I’m a sucker for a hot shower. Miles from the nearest boozer tho.

Premier Icon timidwheeler
    Subscriber

The Gwyn Goffs are a 10min drive from the Tyn Y Coed in Capel Curig which always used to do excellent lamb chops. The Beddgelert site is within easy walking distance of the village and you can do Moel Hebog from the site if you fancy a change from the bigger boys further north.

plecostomus

Where in snowdonia do you want to ramble?! It’s a reasonably sized park.

rudebwoy

wild camp is great, north shore ‘beach’ of llyn idwal is a top spot–only ten minutes walk from idwal cottage–yet away from all light sources–as piecostomus says –more about where you want to ‘ramble’–mountain or alehouse ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Winter camping Snowdonia; where?’ is closed to new replies.