Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • winter boots? shimano mw81 vs Northwave celsius winter
  • muppet4
    Free Member

I am looking for some new boots and have narrowed it to these 2. I have the older mw80 but quite like the look of the northwave, any feedback would be great – particually sizing! I run a 45 normal boot and had the 46 in mw80 but that was too small ( i have a wide foot)

Cheers

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Just got in tonight after 40 minutes in the rain in my Northwaves. They were something I spent yonks deciding whether to get and am so glad I did. I went up a size (45 from a 44) and have the standard Celsius which with a merino sock are warm for the majority of rides. I’ve just this minute spotted them on CRC at crazy money – £84 – so may genuinely get a spare pair for when my (2 year old) ones die.

muppet4
    Free Member

cheers, i saw them on there – bargain! I dont know what has changed for the newer one if anything.
    I do fancy the northwave its just ordering before trying.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am impressed with my shimano mw81s

z1ppy

I had NW Celcius previous to my MW80’s, I didn’t find them half as warm as the shimano’s.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’ve not used the Shimanos so can’t compare, but having tried both and having fairly wide feet, I did find the Northwave significantly broader.

bruneep

I am also impressed with my shimano mw81s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘winter boots? shimano mw81 vs Northwave celsius winter’ is closed to new replies.