Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter boots review; Northwave Celius
  • composite
    Free Member

Wrote a review of the Northwave Celius boots. Thought some of you may be interested considering how many winter boots threads there have been of late.

Northwave Celius GTX Winter Riding Boots Review

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I have the road versions and agree with your review. A great shoe.

If you are getting cold toes, try not pulling the lace up so tight.

MM

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got the very first generation Celsius and Fahrenheit boots and they’ve got normal laces, which are a bit crap, the elastic ones look far better! Good otherwise.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thomthumb
    Free Member

the laces cut through the lace tabs on mine. rendering the boot useless. the tabs are sewn in under the tounge so couldn’t be repaired. My mates did the same the winter before too.

got three winters so not too displeased, shame though as the boots could have done 2 more!

29ers
    Free Member

Good review and also agree these are brilliant boots.
    However think you have got the sizes wrong – im size 9.5(UK) and buy 44(EURO) you have put size 64(Euro) 😯 now that’s just boasting 😛

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They’re not elastic, just a draw string, like BOA but without the dial.

I’ve got the ‘artic’ version which has an extra fluffy/faux fur type lining. Never had cold toes, they get used for wet rides all year, just change from thin socks in the summer to full on winter socks when it gets below -5 🙂

I wouldn’t agree on the ‘stiff’ comment though, they’re not floppy like DX/MP66 shimano’s, but they’re a lot softer than summer disco slippers. Just the right ammount though IME, not soft enough to make SPD’s uncomfortable after all day rides, but just enough flex to allow walking short distances.

I’ve ended up with wet feet a couple of times, but they were rare occasions, and I didn’t actualy notice untill I got back to the car and had to change into trainers as they stayed warm. Those rides involved river crossings though.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 ace boots (Artics). I have two pairs (one roadie, one for mucky mtb).

The loops are a potential issue for me though, as i can see they could go in the futute, but we’ll see. They haven’t gone yet in over a year’s use. I might try to fit some metal loops from some old walking boots to adapt them….

composite
    Free Member

29ers – Member

Good review and also agree these are brilliant boots.
    However think you have got the sizes wrong – im size 9.5(UK) and buy 44(EURO) you have put size 64(Euro) now that’s just boasting

Fair shout that was an error I have made the change. Thanks for pointing that out.

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    I wouldn’t agree on the ‘stiff’ comment though, they’re not floppy like DX/MP66 shimano’s, but they’re a lot softer than summer disco slippers. Just the right ammount though IME, not soft enough to make SPD’s uncomfortable after all day rides, but just enough flex to allow walking short distances.

As I mentioned this is really in comparison with other shoes that I have had. I’ve never really had a proper good quality pair of riding shoes before these so they seem pretty stiff to me but I’m sure in the big scheme of things you’re right.

I’ll probably do a “longer term” update at the end of the winter.

mmannerr

Supplied midsoles were terrible, the lacing does not stay tight and soles came off the uppers. Other than that, nice shoes, they are not as clunky as many winter boots.

njee20
    Free Member

I find mine very flexy compared to my S-Works, and also quite a lot thicker, to the extent my saddle height feels wrong if I swap between.

dantsw13

Just completed my first ride in my new NW Celsius boots. Very happy customer – warm and dry!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter boots review; Northwave Celius’ is closed to new replies.