Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wingnut Packs
  • aviemoron
    Free Member

Where do you get Wingnut bags and are they durable / well made? It's a lot of money.

singlespeedstu

Uk bikestore.

Yes and yes.

singlespeedstu

Or if you don't want to buy one get an entry for SSEC2010 as the importers are giving us some as prizes. 😉

cinnamon_girl

In store at UK Bike Store today 8)

Yes, they are a lot of money, yes they are well made, so much so that I have today ordered another cos I find Camelbak's agony.

You can reach the mesh/zipped pockets without removing pack, weight is distributed at base of spine, no pulling on shoulders. My only gripe is that my Camelbak bladder sometimes comes off the little hook.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

they are great. much more comfortable than a camelbak i find. the ability to reach the pockets with it on is worth it alone.

13thfloormonk

Brilliant bits of kit, although mine was only truly brilliant after i adapted it a bit (adding another chest strap in particular).

Thought you might get a bladder with them for the price though… 🙁

aviemoron
    Free Member

Cheers all, capacity wise, what's everyone using for long "epic" days?

13thfloormonk

I've been using the M.P.S. alpha for multi-day trips.

it holds (at a push) a sleeping bag, a small tent, cooking gear and spare clothes, plus little sundries like first aid, tools and food.

I've since tried to unload it a bit, and it works a lot better with the sleeping bag under the handlebars instead.

I could actually put even more in it but would rather not have quite that much weight on my back.

bombadillo
    Free Member

best bag ever.

singletracksurfer

what is propels website? this doesn't seem to be right http://www.propelbike.com

pedalhead
    Free Member

There's a new UK distributor in town, see this thread… http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wingnut-stuff-in-the-uk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wingnut Packs’ is closed to new replies.