Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Windows8 help, basic games
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

My dad has just got a new PC with Windows 8 and I’m struggling to find the basic games he likes to sit and play (backgammon etc) which used to be in the accessories folder of xp. Can anyone help advise if they are hidden away somewhere, or if there is another source for them at all? Thanks

titusrider
    Free Member

Yeah they are all there in the store for free

Download install and pin to start bar

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ll keep looking, I tried scouting the store. Are they all peer on peer games? I think he’s better with peer on pc to avoid confusion etc

titusrider
    Free Member

I’ve not got backgammon but minesweeper, majong and solitaire

There’s an option to play p2p with some I think. The interfaces are much richer and might be a touch busy and confusing!

(all in relation to a surface which does have slightly different apps)

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Ok got there thanks but on further q… where are the games/apps now that they are installed? This is so frustrating! 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

…Go on google, type in whatever the game is you want to play?

Had my first go on windows 8 just yesterday, my Gran’s new laptop. Seems the same as windows 7, but with a few things that make it annoying. She had the same problem, so I made a bookmark for her to this site

http://worldofsolitaire.com/

She’s more interested in card games though as opposed to backgammon etc.

titusrider
    Free Member

Glasgow, I presume you have got it and/or given up by now but

Get the all apps button up from the bottom of the screen when on the start menu, go find ur app, tap and hold (right click maybe) until it gives the option pin to start screen

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve Windows 8 loading on my PC as I type, could be a busy few days ahead as I work out where everything is 😳

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Oh I hate it! It’s all appy nonsense that only texty teens can understand. Got dad settled with his games in the end so i can ignore it now.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Two attempts at loading Windows 8 so far, both ended in a black screen. I’ve given up for now, I’ll try again when I can be arsed. 😕

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Windows8 help, basic games’ is closed to new replies.