Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Windows Phone and iTunes question
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

So I’ve got a new windows phone, very nice it is too. I’ve also got loads of stuff on my mac on iTunes, some bought, some ripped from CD’s. My mac OS is too old to support the Windows Phone App from the App Store. Is there another way of moving some tunes to the phone?

seadog101

AFIK you need Zune to get things moved across. Is it a Nokia? I’ve got the Lumia 800, and (lovely though it is) without Zune there’s no way I can see of transferring Music and videos. Got another Windows Laptop which you can do it with?

RDL-82
    Free Member

Do you mean this software?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-mac

As far as I’m aware its the only way to automatically do it.
    However if you dont mind a bit of effort Windows Phones show up as a mass storage device and unlike an iPhone allow you to drag and drop your music straight onto the device (should be a music folder already there when the phone is detected as a drive etc)

This is certainly the case on a Lumia 820 anyway.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s a Nokia 920.

Yes that’s the software. Funny thing is the phone doesn’t show up as a MSD when I plug it in either.

RDL-82
    Free Member

At a loss there then I’m afraid.

wpcentral probably best port of call.

thegreatape
    Free Member

To be honest, I only wanted 2, one for the alarm, one for the ringer- might as well just get them off the windows phone music thingy for 80p each!

dh
    Free Member

Email to yourself and save to phone that way?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yeah nice one, I’ll try that

CountZero

However if you dont mind a bit of effort Windows Phones show up as a mass storage device and unlike an iPhone allow you to drag and drop your music straight onto the device (should be a music folder already there when the phone is detected as a drive etc)

Say what? I drag and drop music to both of my iPhones, in fact I’ve done it with the three I’ve had, and always have done. Unless I’m going to piss around with playlists and the like, it’s the only practical way to do it.
    It’s dead simple, you just set the device in iTunes to manually manage music and video. Any ful kno that.

RDL-82
    Free Member

It’s dead simple, you just set the device in iTunes to manually manage music and video. Any ful kno that.

Really?

Doesnt on ours…you can do that straight from windows explorer and with no JB?

skids
    Free Member

Can’t you just dump it in skydrive or dropbox

CountZero

Really?

Doesnt on ours…you can do that straight from windows explorer and with no JB?
    *confused, now*
    There seems to be a misunderstanding here; I automatically assumed you’d be using iTunes as the music managing app, or some other app for doing the same thing, which is managing your music library, allowing music to be transferred to the device of choice.
    I used to d’n’d to a Nokia N95 from iTunes, and various iPods as well, I’d never consider using a browser, not enough control, like editing the start and end points of a song, for example.

RDL-82
    Free Member

confused, now*
    There seems to be a misunderstanding

Very possibly!

I’m talking about a straight drag and drop with no music program in the middle be that Windows Media Player, iTunes, WinAmp, Foobar or whatever.

As far as I’m aware, without Jail Breaking your iPhone that’s not possible, you must open iTunes. Happy to be proven wrong, but I’ve certainly never been able to, hence my original comment regarding being unable to straight drag and drop on an iPhone…probably badly worded on my part originally!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Windows Phone and iTunes question’ is closed to new replies.