Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Windows 7 – Worth It ??
  • redthunder
    Free Member

?

Anyone used it ?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Yes using it now.
    Very good OS
    Works ok on older pc's
    I'm just stuck on finding a printer driver, other than that its brill and I wont be going back to XP pro.
    Vista was total crap imo.
    Might even purchase a gen copy sometime.

GhostRider
    Free Member

Just curious,, Is windows 7 a whole new OS or a re-work of Vista or XP-Pro ? and was vista just a big Beta version of windows 7 ?

The only reason i stayed with MS (on Vista now) was for conveniance but in future i would probably make the effort and if possible go back to XP-Pro and Linux distro dual boot. Linux would be the main OS.

bear-uk
    Free Member

It seems to be vista based, and can be installed over vista, keeping all your data.
    I wiped my HHD and did a fresh install of 7.
    Tried the new version of office, but it didnt work to good so stuck 03 on and it seems fine.

eth3er
    Free Member

I've been running it on my netbook for a while now. it is very good, mind you I never used vista. I ran ubuntu for a bit, it was alright but I prefer 7.

cranberry
    Free Member

Ran it for the last couple of weeks on a laptop that had run XP – found it slow, and it offered no benefit that I could see.

I've re-imaged the laptop with XP this evening.

GhostRider
    Free Member

Windows 7 on a Netbook, dosn't sound like the normal MS resource hog ?? i smell a rat is it really windows ???

eth3er
    Free Member

Yup Windows 7 RC, had the beta before that, Ubuntu before that and XP SP3 came as standard. My netbook is a samsung nc10 running an Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM and a 160GB HDD. It's alchemy.
    The rat is wearing deodorant*.

make your own rodent jokes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Windows 7 – Worth It ??’ is closed to new replies.