Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Windows 10 upgrade stuck on 99%
  • chorlton
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 on the PC and the installation gets stuck on 99%. Even after a full 24 hours.
    It’s seems it’s a fairly common problem after Googling it, and going through the suggested solutions it’s still sticking. It’s the free upgrade with assistive wot nots.
    Any ideas? Ta

docrobster
    Free Member

I think this happened with my daughters lap top. I googled and eventually got it to go through. Then reverted back to W7 as it was way too slow with W10

mattyfez

Download the win10 from MS website, and make a bootable USB stick.

That will do a full clean install, so make sure to back up any important stuff.

A clean install is always preferable to an ‘in place’ upgrade.

Del

at that length of time i’d bite the bullet and hit the power button. worst comes to worst it’s not very difficult to configure a usb stick with a win 10 install, so long as you have access to another pc, obviously.

scaredypants

if you google you can find a link to the 2 or 3 update files you “really” need to download after a fresh installation – apparently these change on about a monthly basis

probably_me
    Free Member

i had the same problem, mine was solved by disabling windows update in services, then after a few minutes the windows 10 update completed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Windows 10 upgrade stuck on 99%’ is closed to new replies.