Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Windows 10 start menu
  • imnotverygood

This is bugging me. On the Windows 10 Start menu, the bit with the power button etc. My display changed without me asking it to & now shows it permanently minimised. You have to manually expand it to see a full button & then that obscures the apps list. I can’t find anyway of changes this back to how it was. Anyone any ideas?

squirrelking
    Free Member

have you simply upgraded to the new anniversary edition which has the stack at the side? Nothing should be getting obscured. Will have a look later, a screenshot would help (hit print screen on your keyboard then paste into paint).

gobuchul
    Free Member

Anyone any ideas?

Install Classic Shell

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

WinKey+X might be better?

I strongly dislike the W10 menu.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Is Settings > Personalisation > Start any use?

imnotverygood

It is the Anniversary edition, but it used to have my icons permanently expanded. No idea why it suddenly changed. Personalisation doesn’t help , sadly

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you talking about the big squares you used to see? If so, click on the icon on the top right of the screen.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I actually have no idea what you are talking about; what icons, what do you mean expanded?

Take a screen shot and we can stop trying to guess what it is you are actually asking.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Does it look like this? If not, how is it different?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the power/settings stuff has been changed

squirrelking
    Free Member

Coldplay is an old version, Mike has latest update. And doesn’t look anything like I pictured…

molgrips
    Free Member

Those two icons circled, they switch between the big squares and the list of apps.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol I have both 😉 not sharing my desktop with you mucky lot!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

??

molgrips
    Free Member

Bullocks, try again

seadog101

This anniversary update thing didn’t work at all on my computer. Downloaded and started installing , but a few hours later all that was happening was a spinny circle thing.

Managed to get it back to previous version. Anyone else had problems?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Books into the Hilton Bournemouth…..

Managed to get it back to previous version. Anyone else had problems?

I had a lot of restarts and it took a couple of hours to go through

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Maybe OP means:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

molgrips
    Free Member

What?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

What sort of things get shown on Thai expats TV ?

Cougar

I think you have to pay extra for a Thai TV.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Not sure if a sensible question but, 10 days previous (1 hour behind the UK) of

How do I get that newer version? Auto-updates only give me a Win Defneder download then “Your device is up to date”

^^Sorry for any hi-jack

Joined the insider program for Windows and am downloading the update.

I forgot I had a legitimate OS. After a decade of pirating I decided, with a reasonable salary, it was time to stop getting dodgy software! Joined the insider program and all’s fine.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Hmm, I don’t have those buttons you circled Molgrips and I’ve updated three computers so far.

Ah – you’re in tablet mode, figures since you’re on a surface…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Windows 10 start menu’ is closed to new replies.