Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Wind hill bike park…
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

So looking at the progress on FB and seeing it coming along quite nicely, “good” I think “somewhere local-ish for a new bike park!”

Then I’m watching the videos.

Guess I’m not going anytime soon unless I develop an aversion to gravity and start flinging myself into the sky!!

Which leads me to my point…

How many people actually ride “features” like they’re building there?
    Are there that many people who ride 30′ hip jumps, and ladder drops?

oldfart

I’m like you , when I asked them they said there will be something for everybody ?

5lab

isn’t that the point of a bike park? if you want to keep your wheels on the ground go to a trail centre..

certainly a line (20′ tables all over the place) is one of the most ridden trails in whistler, the big line at tidworth always has riders on it. I’ll give most stuff a go, so I’m glad they’re building it

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Jumping I get.

It’s the size that got me wondering, how many “customers” they’ll attract vs cost of liability insurance?

canopy
    Free Member

Also within reach of a day trip from here, and I’m assuming there’ll be a variety of trails. Obviously the big features stop all the flack that places like Haldon get for being ‘tame’, and help sell the place with ‘dope edits’

scottfitz
    Free Member

You see the big stuff on FB but there will be beginner stuff too.

jam-bo

Obviously the big features stop all the flack that places like Haldon get for being ‘tame’

There used to be big stuff at haldon…

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

This came up in my feed the other week, looks unbelievable.

That big drop off/ladder thing looks absolutely insane (no doubt most on here would triple backflip off of it).

Would love to have somewhere like that nearby.

smatkins1
    Free Member

looks good to me! Can’t wait to go

tomhoward

That big drop off/ladder thing looks absolutely insane (no doubt most on here would triple backflip off of it).

Nah, just got rid of my CX bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you ask them on FB?

I’d be very surprised if they hadn’t considered rider progression.

canopy
    Free Member

There used to be big stuff at haldon…

yer me knows! apparently there still is the other side of the big road at “cafe side”

captain_bastard
    Free Member

I’ve seen the big lines at windhill, and yea lets just say not for me. There are plenty of easier lines, the flow trail in particular. TBH, if it wasn’t local I wouldn’t bother, but as I can pedal there from home I’ll sign up

Incredible amount of work has gone into it, when it was the BCC site there had been a lot of digging there, but what Chris and team have done now is on a completely different level

scottfitz
    Free Member

Flow trail
    •Although we all aspire to hit the big stuff until we are ready everyone (even the very best riders) enjoys a flowing feature packed (yet rollable) trail. The new Flow Line will be the longest trail on the hill and offer tables, rollers doubles and drops. The aim is to create a trail that can be ridden by a wide range of riders and a create a trail that you will get more and more out of as your skill and confidence rises.

Progressive training zone
    •Offering riders progressive features to develop and skills

Source:
    https://www.ibikeride.com/england/2010-longleat-forest

nwmlarge
    Free Member

It will be progressive, just like BMCC, all the edits are of the Full Moto line but there is loads more accessible riding.

canopy
    Free Member

its not on youtube yet, but facebook has a video of a visit from the gmbn lads, i guess we’ll see more of it as its fairly local to where they’re based in bath (wind hill being at longleat, the home of lord bath!)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Wind hill bike park…’ is closed to new replies.