• This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kunkzi-spam.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Win 10 help please.
  • Davesport

I’m running Win 10 on a new PC. Everything running well but I’ve encountered a problem. During the set up of Windows I made sure that there no log on required. I hate logging on and only myself and family members have access. This was all going well until I had to access the Windows App store.(I needed something to open and edit a word document)

At this point I had to create a Microsoft account 👿 to get access to the Apps, but now I need to enter this password evey time I wake the computer up. Most annoying.

Is there a work around before I reach for a large hammer ?

Thanks in advance, D.

Cougar

You can set a PIN instead of a password. Dunno offhand if you can disable it completely, would have to Google.

I’d learn to live with it personally, a mouse-click and four keypresses is hardly a massive trauma. You’ll probably be glad of it if you’re ever burgled.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Five key presses if num lock defaults to off – not sure there’s an easy fix for that.

I think you can set up a local account to use as the default log in without a password/PIN. Go to settings/accounts/your email and accounts “sign in with a local account”.

I can’t say I recommend it though. You’ll still need an account to download apps.

holst
    Free Member

a mouse-click and four keypresses is hardly a massive trauma. You’ll probably be glad of it if you’re ever burgled.

Yes.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Somethings not right there, I’m running two computers with 10 and both require only a mouse click to knock them out of sleep. Have a look at your user settings again.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options

Change “Require sign-in” option to never instead of “When PC wakes up from sleep”.

Should add I’ve never tried it. Also, this might be specific to the Anniversary Update, not sure. It’s just what I’ve got.

You can remove the PIN, but then it might ask for password instead.

If you fully shut down you might have to put in PIN or password. Just use sleep, as that will power it to minimal anyway and much faster boot.

All said, you might want to look at individual accounts anyway. There’s a settings option under Accounts for family members. Allows them to have their own preferences, can set limits for kids and spy on them 😉 if that’s relevant, and you don’t have to keep signing out of web sites to sign in with their account, keeps your browsing private etc.

Davesport

Many thanks, I’ll give these suggestions a go 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Win 10 help please.’ is closed to new replies.