Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 170 total)
  • Wimbledon Andy Murray Content
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Lendl ,never won Wimbledon himself so coaching Murray to the title must be pleasing.

seadog101

I’m no tennis fan, but I enjoyed that.

Coyote
    Free Member

Not a massive tennis fan as such but am a sports fan in general. That was a magnificent result. A fantastic show of mental and physical strength. Very pleased for him, he has worked incredibly hard and deserves everything he gets.

seadog101

All bets are now off for BBC SPOTY…

wrecker
    Free Member

Very pleased for Murray, great job.
    Brilliant few days for British sport; lions, Murray, can the cricketists continue the good fortune?

emma
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Who were those two hotties in blue suits in the crowd ?

FTFY 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just think for a second, a British player holds two grand slams at the moment. 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

Just think for a second, a British Scottish player holds two grand slams at the moment.

FTFY 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

FTFY

Oh grow up and give over FFS!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just think for a second, a British Scottish player holds two half a grand slam at the moment.

FTFY 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooh, bugger 😳

I meant to say “two grand slam event trophies” so I’ll accept that correction. 🙂

Mackem

Has anyone mentioned that Tennis is really dull.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Nah – I wouldn’t accept it. Grand slams clearly indicates grand slam trophies, whereas grand slam would imply that it was holding all four at the same time. That based on the idea that you cant have two of the latter at the same time. Shoddy bit of editing by IanMunro.

RustySpanner

Tennis, dull?

Never mind, you can frotter youself against the furniture when Top Gear comes on in a bit.

😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh I’m sure Ian knew what I meant anyway… 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, a Lions win, a Wimbledon win, now what?

Hmm, what about another win in a little bike race, and perhaps a nice series win in the Ashes as well? 🙂

epicyclo

Or how about Obree for fastest cyclist in his wee beastie?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Word on the street is that Andy Murray has donated all his winnings to the Royal Marsden.

fasthaggis

Good on him ,close to his heart just now

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Think that may be a bit of an interwebz rumour. He did, IIRC, donate his Queens winnings, however, so he is still very much a good egg on that front!

glupton1976
    Free Member

I have no idea if it’s true or not.

fasthaggis

interwebz rumours you say, is it only virtual-ly true then ? 🙂

hels
    Free Member

He is more personable in real life than he comes across on screen, I saw him and his mum and his bro being interviewed for a radio program at the Museum of Scotland a few years ago, they were very relaxed and joking about.

BBC should be ashamed of some of the coverage tho, those comments about the women’s winner not being good-looking were beyond a faux-pas and that dinosaur should be made extinct. Then we had 10 minutes last week about how Judy Murray has started wearing her hair differently. I know not much happens for hours on end, but please. (Women, Know Your Place, don’t try to play tennis).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it is a bit meaningless to say a British player holds two slams though – it is more like Andy Murray holds two slams ‘cos very little of this achievement is courtesy of backing from Britain, and there is not the strength-in-depth in British tennis to use this as a indicator that things are going the right way.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

it is a bit meaningless to say a British player holds two slams though – it is more like Andy Murray holds two slams ‘cos very little of this achievement is courtesy of backing from Britain, and there is not the strength-in-depth in British tennis to use this as a indicator that things are going the right way.

I wasn’t commenting on any strength in depth of British tennis, just that given the dearth of success in the last goodness knows how long, it’s great to see someone from these shores being successful. Seriously, who gives a shit, let’s just enjoy the success.

But yeah, everything is still really shit.

mikey74
    Free Member

My god Boris Becker is an awful commentator. Practically ruined it.

Well done Murray, he really deserves that.

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought it was an absolutely brilliant game. He looked and played like a champion. Brilliant job, full respect.

He must be in for a great evening and few days ahead. Job done, lifetime goal achieved, no pressing engagemnts, plenty of money and no cares 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

SPOTY – Individual (murray) and Team (Lions) all sorted! Well done Murray and team Murray! Djok a true gent in defeat too. This could be the next great tennis rivalry for the next 5 years. Murray v Djok!!!

And prize money doated to Royal Marsden. Brilliant.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – I wasn’t aiming any comment at you – just the general press/media.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

This could be the next great tennis rivalry for the next 5 years

hope not – hope somebody comes along that has a bit more interesting style of play – another Federer, or just someone that doesn’t hit a double handed backhand!

DanW
    Free Member

Djok definitely took a bung to throw that match. Some of the unforced errors were appalling- he really wasn’t anywhere near his usual self. Murray did play well but Djok didn’t look interested in winning at all

athgray
    Free Member

Could not agree more TurnerGuy. It seems like generations since someone with the style of Federer dominated Wimbledon. Seriously, I thought it was a great display of power and fitness. Nobody can return shots that they have no right to like Murray and Djokovic.

1981miked
    Free Member

Really DanW? You don’t actually think that do you?

jambalaya
    Free Member

What a year it been for him, losing at Wimbledon, winning the Olympics then the US and now Wimbledon. I have to confess I thought Docov would prove too strong but Murray won in some style. He’s Scottish and every right to be proud of that.

Sports Personality of the Year

mushrooms
    Free Member

The semi final Djokovic played against el Potro was a pretty long intense match maybe the best match of wimbledon? He could probably of done with another days rest…

Brilliant to see Murry winning it though.

theblackmount
    Free Member

>Djok definitely took a bung to throw that match. <

Most idiotic post so far – congratulations.

Well done AM.

DanW
    Free Member

Ok, so I got it across a little strongly but something didn’t feel right with how Djok was playing in terms of his attitude and unforced errors. For example there were quite a few times when Djok was right at the net with an open court, weak return from Murray and somehow he plays it in to the net. Maybe he was exhausted and the strength of Murray showed it but Djokovic really wasn’t himself.

1981miked
    Free Member

Maybe the fact it was 40 degrees in centre court? Or because he played a 5 hour semi final on Friday? He may have been carrying an injury.. The list goes on DanW.

I seem to remember Murray missing some easy shots aswell.. Maybe he took a bribe to miss them?

Ditch the tin foil hat and just be happy for the man!

You would be gloating if he lost, so because he won its a conspiracy?

You could see Djokovic was trying and getting angry at some of the calls.. Can’t we just celebrate British success? Why does there have to be a conspiracy? Just accept that Andy played the better Tennis on the day and wanted it more.

Plus he donated his prize money to the cancer hospital his friend was treated in.. All round top bloke in my opinion.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Did Murray actually manage to bust out a smile?

I only watched for about 10 mins after the end of the match and he didn’t look like he was very close during that time.

1981miked
    Free Member

Does it matter if he smiled (he did though).. He is payed to play tennis not smile at cameras, buy celebrity magazines if you want to see smiley faces.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Wimbledon Andy Murray Content’ is closed to new replies.