Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Wiltshire MTB event – Prospect Ride 2013
  • tomstickland
    Free Member

Online entry is now open for the 2013 Prospect big ride.

This is an off road mtb event with 24, 40 and 50km options taking in the best bits of the countryside on the Marlborough Downs to the south of Swindon.

More info.

tomstickland
    Free Member

This will be including some paths in the woods behind the nationwide building in Swindon.

tomstickland
    Free Member

Help publicise the event by printing out this high res poster and sticking it somewhere visible. Big Ride 2013 Poster

tomstickland
    Free Member

Plans for the Big Ride are progressing! We’ve got clearance to use a short section of footpath again plus some of Coate Water park for the short route.

The route is slightly different from last year.

Currently discussing plans with a bike shop for them to be there on the day helping with any maintenance issues.

tomstickland
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes bikes will be there to cover any bike issues.

tomstickland
    Free Member

11 days to go (not this Sunday….the Sunday after).

Event info

We’ve got Leisure Lakes on hand for bike maintenance and spares.
    Bristol Coffee Espresso.

Routes are waymarked and marshalled.
    Food stops.
    First aid cover.
    Recovery vehicle.

tymbian
    Free Member

How much of this is off-road please?

sneakyg4
    Free Member

80% ish.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Have a good time I did that ride many a time ( did it realy start over 20 years ago)and it was always fun when I lived in Swindon

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Sods law, just seen this and have entered the Evans Sportive that day. Would be a great day out too 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great country, good riding. Well worthy of a bump!

Oh, and the Royal Oak at Bishopstone…..yum!

tomstickland
    Free Member

Sports massage at the end now available too!

Pre entry is £15. Make sure you do that – on the day is going to be a problem (out of my control).

Thanks for the bumping.

tomstickland
    Free Member
    tomstickland
    Free Member
    tomstickland
    Free Member

Two days to go until online registration closes. The sun is still shining btw.

sbd16v
    Free Member

hello mr stickland, long time ….

i might be at a loss for this weekend so could prob come up for this

hummm

saladdodger
    Free Member

WHAT no Barbury / Rockley loop 😮

johnj2000
    Free Member

What time does the ride start?

tomstickland
    Free Member

Telephone booking is available until 3pm on Friday via 01793 816154.

Long: registration at 10am, riders start at 10:30am.
    Short: registration at 11am, riders start at 11:30am.

No Rockley loop – correct. We’d be copying the McMillan Castles ride too closely then, plus there’s some interesting bits on the long route. The route is different every year.

Event info: http://www.mbswindon.co.uk/prospect-big-bike-ride-2013-charity-event-in-wiltshire-28th-april/

tomstickland
    Free Member

sbd16v – hello, long time, I agree. No messing about with cars anymore. Riding, work, mbswindon. That’s it. Now with added yoga. And sleep.

sbd16v
    Free Member

sbd16v – hello, long time, I agree. No messing about with cars anymore. Riding, work, mbswindon. That’s it. Now with added yoga. And sleep.

im out the cars aswell now, 10 years and 50k later and the money pit was sold lol, just aint got time for them anymore so got into mtbing instead much cheaper lol

well im booked onto the ride now 😀

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Quite fancied this as i was riding in the Wiltshire downs a few weeks ago and enjoyed it apart from the wind !! .. fancied it until i seen the entry of £50 on the day ! …. i know its for charity , but £50 !

pushbikerider
    Free Member

…yes, it’s £50 on the day because they’re trying to raise money for a good cause. The £15 pre entry comes with a suggestion that you should raise an additional £100 in sponsorship, nothing to stop you having a bit of a whip round to raise the cash mind.. 🙂

tomstickland
    Free Member

The on the day charge is outside our control, sadly.

sbd16v – I might see you tomorrow. I’ll be out sweeping the route from midday though.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Wiltshire MTB event – Prospect Ride 2013’ is closed to new replies.