Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Will Ultegra R8020 brakes work with XT calipers
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Quick question,

Will an XT caliper work with ultegra R8020 brakes as I need post mount not flat mount.
    What are your experiences?

Cheers Shaun

cp

My RS505 levers work perfectly with XT M785 calipers & don’t see any reason why the R8020 wouldn’t

bigyan
    Free Member

Works fine, seen it done a couple of times when the Ultegra calipers were on back order.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The non series ultegra levers shiped with m785 calipers.

example

Mister-P
    Free Member

No they didn’t, RS685 levers shipped with R785 callipers. The M785 has side entry with a banjo, the R785 has a straight in connector. Not that it makes any difference in function.

jonnyboi

RS685 levers shipped with R785 callipers.

^this. It’s exactly what I have on my Marin CX

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

No they didn’t, RS685 levers shipped with R785 callipers. The M785 has side entry with a banjo, the R785 has a straight in connector. Not that it makes any difference in function.

My bad, didn’t occur there were different models of caliper with the same designation. Seems its possibly a bit random – R785 caliper on di2 is (was) an m785 (with banjo) and banjo versions are available after market (see bike24 for instance) but the mechanical version seems to have a non banjo caliper. Who’d have thunk.

shaungero
    Free Member

Thanks guys

ransos
    Free Member

Remember to order the hose kit that includes the 9mm flanged connecting bolt. The design has changed on the newer road stis…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Will Ultegra R8020 brakes work with XT calipers’ is closed to new replies.