Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Will this years 2012 DH racing be as good as last years?
  • hexhamstu
    Free Member

I thought blenkinsop had broke an ankle and was still expected to race?

chakaping
    Free Member

I may have got it mixed up.

Hope u r right.

rs
    Free Member

Gwin’s was born in 87 so he’s quite mature

😥 feels so old 😥

GW
    Free Member

The tear off was away and he still had time to take that corner. It’s not just that corner it’s his whole attitude these days.

I would like to see him on a session or a glory, something other than a demo. Awww… not a badly painted Kona? 🙄

funny you chose to post that video of Hill crashing.. did you realise Hill still podium’d with that run? after losing at least 10 seconds (plus the time to get back up to speed) he finnished a mere 5 seconds down.

Hill started out racing world cups and won junior worlds on an intense M1 (FSR) and went on to podium in almost every race in senior the following year on an iron horse SGS (yet another FSR) so please do tell what you think doesn’t suit him about lighter, stiffer fsr Demo with his own preferred geometry?

Brosnan has also proven it’s a very capable race bike!

Northwind

I reckon most folks predictions of last year turned out to be complete balls, so, that’s my prediction for this year too.

kaesae
    Free Member

Yes GW I know that, posted the same clip on facebook a while back talking about skillful bails and close calls, me and one of the posters on this thread discussed his result, as was said at the time he’s a legend,

That said, his riding on the DW Iron Horse Sunday was a joy to watch.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5MYx71UXKw[/video]

This is what I would like to see from Hill, but I have my doubts about it happening any time soon on a Demo!

Northwind last year was just intense from start to finish, it saw the demise of strategic power houses and the rise of talented supebly skilled wild cards, love it!

deviant
    Free Member

Hard to see past Gwin for the overall….but i reckon there will be a few rounds where somebody younger will have a run that defies belief…once Hart, Brosnan etc get some consistency together they should be able to topple Gwin….just cant see it happening this year.

Minaar and Atherton to have their usual good seasons….maybe taking 2nd and 3rd overall behind Gwin.

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m not even going to guess at what will happen, if hart was physically stronger he would be a match for gwin.

That said gwin has come a long way in a short period of time and will more likely than not get better.

The way I see it, this is good for promoting our culture and these riders are all doing a great job, regardless of anything else, let the best riders on the day win.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see how Jared Graves does too, I reckon he could go straight into the Top 10. Especially with the first race in SA.

davecm
    Free Member

I’m not even going to guess at what will happen, if hart was physically stronger he would be a match for gwin.

Eh? How well did he do at Ft William and Val di Sole? Two of the most punishing tracks on the circuit?

I’ve chatted to an elite rider in a sling at a WC in Fr William. Built like a brick shit house. Know why he crashed? He couldn’t hold on anymore.

I would like to see him on a session or a glory, something other than a demo.

Really, a Glory… another bike the team had to a number of modifications to make it work at WC level and Hart rides a large IIRC. Someone has bought into the whole whichever wins Worlds is the best bike. 😉

People said Peaty wouldn’t do well when he moved to Santa Cruz “oh noes! the orange is a single pivot and the v10 is VPP, he’ll never get on with that!!”

Hill, when he was riding without fear, would have still done well on an old 222 – he’s done badly recently due to poor fitness (and too much partying at the end of 2010), injury (time off the bike) and general fear. Not sure if he’ll get over it but hope he does as that’s another rider who could win it on the day – the more in with a chance the better imo – more excitement!

GW
    Free Member

This is what I would like to see from Hill,

So you’d like to see him push too hard, blow it in a corner it but still podium? but not any old corner just the ones you dictate to be worthy? 😕

but I have my doubts about it happening any time soon on a Demo!

FFS! your idea that it’s simply down to the bike is retarded!
    Go and actually look at the history and results of DH WC racing/racers/bikes over the last 20years

Northwind

To be fair, as Kaesae theories go it’s relatively sensible.

kaesae
    Free Member

You seem rather tense GW and perhaps as a result of that tension / sexual frustration, more cranky than normal.

I’m not normally one for sharing, but in this case and because I believe it will help you, I will make an exception, would you like a
    suck of my bong?

davecm
    Free Member

He maybe, but he is right. 🙄

kaesae
    Free Member

Track looks good can’t wait too see what happens, hope the coverage is quality!

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Helmet-Cam-Pietermaritzburg-World-Cup-2012.html

kaesae
    Free Member

🙁

kaesae
    Free Member

kaesae
    Free Member

Bloody page turn would you!

kaesae
    Free Member

YOU DARE DEFY MEEEE!!!!!

kaesae
    Free Member

AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

.a
    a
    a.

soobalias
    Free Member

wha you on about bearings-boy?

kaesae
    Free Member

None of your bee’s wax

….

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Will this years 2012 DH racing be as good as last years?’ is closed to new replies.