Will there ever be a decent 27.2 dropper post?

Home Forum Bike Forum Will there ever be a decent 27.2 dropper post?

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Will there ever be a decent 27.2 dropper post?
  • Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Basically it will only take one rider to win a WC race with one to see them being the new fashion.

Whilst I agree with you on principal the way XC racing works just doesn’t lend itself to a downhill bias, none of the top riders are losing much time on the descents anyway, so don’t stand to gain much.

I think it’ll be more likely we’ll see them in the lower levels of racing first. I saw people using them at the Brass Monkeys enduros in January and December, and there was nothing technical in either. If there was less of a weight penalty and they did one to fit my bike I’d be interested to try one, and it’s naive to think they’ll not improve in the former in the coming years.

LoCo

Loco BM Racing team members were using them for specific events last year, notably the BC bike race, there’s a brilliant picture of Huw riding a steep techy bit with the eventual winner climbing down it behind him. 😀

Can this entire thread be added to the 1st World Problems thread? 🙂

LoCo

Can this entire thread be added to the 1st World Problems thread?

😆

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

there’s a brilliant picture of Huw riding a steep techy bit with the eventual winner climbing down it behind him

Guess they’re not essential for stage racing yet then 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Will there ever be a decent 27.2 dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.