Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Will there be riots?
  • alpin
    Free Member

Flicking through recent brexit news clips on YT and was saddened, not surprised, to see pro brexit supporters (oddly all 30+, white, male and looking like their wardrobe comes from either TK Maxx or M&S) fighting with police*.

Can we expect these people to kick off is brexit is cancelled?

If this government (or what’s left of it) does go through with brexit are there going to be counter demonstrations? Are things going to kick off?

Personally, I’ll be technically **** and my life turned upside-down off brexit goes ahead. I might come back to the UK just to join in; I’ve not much to lose.

*the restraint shown by the police, standing there with a mini baton is impressive. Doubt I could be so professional.

hols2
    Free Member

null

orangespyderman

Probably will be. But I think a lot of the more gammony ones will just sit in the pub or in front of their tellies reading the Daily Mail and moaning about it. They strike me as largely a bit too lazy and far too disorganised to actually go and raise proper hell in any real numbers.

EDIT DIS-organised, sorry.

darthpunk
    Free Member

Drac

They’ll be small pockets of upset people who think throwing a milkshake at the lord and saviour Farage is an outrage but who’ll happily smash up their own town. The rest will continue to mumble over a pint in their kicks for a few years whilst enjoying the benefits of staying in the EU.

Houns

Just spray them with a Carling cannon, will pipe them down

kelvin

Mass rioting? No. Right wing terror attacks? I fear so. Public protests? Probably. Is there a big danger of the two happening concurrently, and so conflated, and the response being heavy handed? History says the chances are high.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Mass rioting? No. Right wing terror attacks? I fear so. Public protests? Probably. Is there a big danger of the two happening concurrently, and so conflated, and the response being heavy handed? History says the chances are high.

^^^^ Pretty much this ^^^^
    I wonder who’s effigy will be getting burned on bonfire night?

Cougar

There will be riots we’ve not seen the likes of since the great Werther’s Originals shortage of ’85.

Poopscoop

I would say there will be far bigger protests if we do leave, particularly if without a deal in the end. Then there is the IRA…

Riots…. That’s more the head banging ultra rights thing. They can’t motivate many to get out on the streets so need to compensate by being being violent.

If they can tie the violence into England losing a football match or such all the better.

Tazer them. Makes for great YouTube giggles.👍

crazy-legs

SO the riots if Brexit is cancelled vs the riots if Brexit goes ahead and we ennd up with fuel, food and medicine shortages…

Wonder what the crossover is within that – would the same people be rioting in either scenario?
    We’ve not left, democracy, Farage, 17.4m – I’ll go and riot
    We’ve left, I can’t afford food and there’s no fuel left – I’ll go and riot

alpin
    Free Member

i’m thinking that you’ll always have the pro-brexit shouty types.

but would the anti-brexit contingent rise up and make their dissatisfaction known by dropping their witty placards and giving it to the man?

can see BoJo and Farage’s effigies being burnt if brexit goes through.

Cougar

SO the riots if Brexit is cancelled vs the riots if Brexit goes ahead and we ennd up with fuel, food and medicine shortages…

On the upside, there won’t be many petrol bombs.

funkmasterp

Everyone seems to be forgetting that we are rubbish at rioting. Remember London? It was more an opportunity to steal a television or some trainers. Consumerists through and through. I recall watching the news and seeing people fail to rock a van until it fell over. When you feel shame that your countrymen can’t even riot to an acceptable degree you know things are bad.

The French, now they know how to riot.

MoreCashThanDash

Can anyone point me at clips of these pro-Brexit supporters fighting with Police? I’m astonished my Leave-centric Facebook bubble hasn’t jumped all over this!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

On the upside, there won’t be many petrol bombs

I reckon there’s better odds of loads of people calling in sick because they can’t drive down the road to work. 😉

belfastflyer
    Free Member

If it’s cancelled there will be a few marches with drunk tank top clowns who will want a fight. That’ll be it.

If no deal goes through – food shortages, medicine shortages, check points at irish border, inflation through the roof etc – all that will lead to weeks of rioting and given then current crop of wannabe dictators we have, we will have a full on police state/suspension of parliament.

alpin
    Free Member

Can anyone point me at clips of these pro-Brexit supporters fighting with Police?

https://youtu.be/5K7YPxF7ka8l

shermer75
    Free Member

On the upside, there won’t be many petrol bombs.

I enjoyed this very much

shermer75
    Free Member

“Project funny” lol

wordnumb
    Free Member

I reckon there’s better odds of loads of people calling in sick because they can’t drive down the road to work.

A downside to cycling to work. Bummer.

MoreCashThanDash

A tiny minority in a fairly isolated incident then. I’ll unbatten the hatches.

footflaps

I can’t see them hauling their fat arses of the sofa and actually rioting. Although the daily fail etc will threaten a mass uprising etc as part of it’s pro-Brexit agenda. I suspect KFC running out of chicken would be a bigger issue….

tinribz
    Free Member

Brexiteers are too old for rampages. The riots will come when Farage wins a landslide electon and becomes PM.

footflaps

A tiny minority in a fairly isolated incident then. I’ll unbatten the hatches.

Plus it will be in the North, so no-one will notice 😉

MoreCashThanDash

I’m more concerned that it will be in the Midlands. I live in the former heartland of the BNP, home to their Red White and Blue festivals, first region to elect a UKIP MEP, now represented by Rees-Moggs awful sister.

Whether Brexit happens or it doesn’t happen, there will be very angry people on the “losing” side and with the long-neglected social problems in the country – which prompted the Leave victory in the referendum – some idiots will use it as an excuse to push the boundaries of protesting. But I can’t see full blown riots

footflaps

I’m waiting for the Sunderland Nissan workers, having kept their jobs by abandoning Brexit, to torch their own factory in the ultimate act of pro-Brexit defiance…

nofx
    Free Member

The gammon promised civil war on the 1st of April after brexit was pushed back the first time. Troops with ptsd are already lined up for this. I say bring it on. The less gammon the better.

Richie_B

Plus it will be in the North, so no-one will notice

Funny, but that’s the attitude that got us into this **** in the first place

nickdavies

Dont worry, didnt Boris buy a couple of water cannons after the last riots? He can just trawl those out… shirley?!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Riots? No.

Don’t forget we’ve lived through riots before, and they lasted about a week or so and then the perps all got put away and that was it.

The only support for any brexit comes from those that seem to get angry when opening a bag of crisps, but they’re not into riots… they’re just into moaning and going red faced.

TBH I hope there is some civil unrest, then the police can round em all up and put them in the slammer. We can get on with our normal lives then.

mikertroid
    Free Member

One absolute certainty over Brexit is that whatever happens, approximately 50% of the population will be satisfied for a short period of time.

You have my permission to share that nugget with your friends too. You’re welcome. 😎

Cougar

Dont worry, didnt Boris buy a couple of water cannons after the last riots? He can just trawl those out… shirley?!

No, he sold them on for ten quid and a packet of B&H.

zanelad
    Free Member

*the restraint shown by the police, standing there with a mini baton is impressive. Doubt I could be so professional

Why should this surprise you? Don’t you recall the riots in London a few years ago, the Police stood by and did next to nothing while looters and rioters had free reign.

What did they do when Extinction Rebellion brought parts of London to a standstill? Bugger all.

Takes a lot to stir the boys in blue into action.

tinribz
    Free Member

TBH I hope there is some civil unrest, then the police can round em all up and put them in the slammer

Trecherous MPs in jail would be deserving if a little harsh.

If you read the comments on the video it says the Police were kettling again. Only this time it wasn’t a bunch of women and children.

footflaps

What did they do when Extinction Rebellion brought parts of London to a standstill? Bugger all.

There is a difference between peaceful protesting and rioting…..

cubist
    Free Member

https://youtu.be/5K7YPxF7ka8l

Looks like they have no football today to keep them in the pub/on the sofa/off the street.

onehundredthidiot

Takes a lot to stir the boys in blue into action.

Because the minute a tosser swearing in their face, spitting at them and throwing objects, gets a little bruise they’re straight off to a lawyer for some police brutality compo.

binners

Any planned action by the gammony ones wouldn’t make it past the first Weatherspoons

If these maniacs manage to crash us out with no deal, with the chaos that will entail, then it’ll definitely kick off, big time!

The self-serving mop knows this, hence trying to sweeten the police up with his press conference announcing 20,000 new officers

He knows how this goes

However, as part of a government that has treated the police like shit for the last ten years I think he might be a tad optimistic to think they’ll have much enthusiasm for putting their arses on the line to protect some entitled far right nutjobs from a (rightfully) vengeful feeling population

If he thinks it’s going to be like the miners strike with a politicised police force (Thatcherite militia) going in, gangbusters, against the working class militant communist scum (in his head, that’s probably about it) he may be in for a bit of a shock

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

and then the perps all got put away and that was it.

That was it as far as you knew. They just carried on rioting in jails but no-one hears about it so It’s ok.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Will there be riots?’ is closed to new replies.