Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Will the wheels on this be tubless ready?
  • keppoch

My Dad has just got one of these:

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-stumpjumper-fsr-comp-650b-2016-mountain-bike-EV248200

Does anyone know if the wheels will be tubeless ready meaning all he needs is a valve and some stans? or is tape going to be required?

He doesn’t live close and won’t know what he is looking for so hope someone has the same/similar bike.

Thanks.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hard to say. They are Tubeless Ready rims and tyres but TR just means it can be or is certified for tubeless, but may not have the correct tape installed.

Can always resort to this – http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Tech-Tuesday-Gorilla-Tape-Tubeless-Conversion.html (works very well).

Yak

I’ve seen a mate’s recent specialized with tubeless ready rims and they weren’t taped. I’d allow for tape as well if I were you.

househusband

I’d allow for tape as well if I were you.

And valves.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Tubeless ready generally always means they’ll seat tubeless easily in terms of the bead but they’ll need tape and valves. I’ve just bought a roadbike with TLR but they’ll need the bontrager tape and valves.

johnw1984
    Free Member

When I bought mine, the rims were already taped up and the bike was shipped with tubeless valves in the parts bag. My missus has still got the wheels and valves.

They were very easy to set up tubeless too!

Mine was the exact same bike (although it was the Green one).

core

Sorry for the hijack, but any opinion on the bike itself? I’m looking at a used one…..

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

That bike will come with the rims taped for tubeless and tubeless valves included , all you will need is sealant .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Will the wheels on this be tubless ready?’ is closed to new replies.