Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Will the charger damper out of a 2016 pick fit in a 2018 yari?
  • cookci
    Free Member

I’m thinking of buying a bike which comes with a 2018 rc solo air Yari 29″.

Will the charger damper out of my 2016 none boost 650b pike fit inside?

If i put the none charger damper into the pike then what would that leave me? Would it be a revelation?

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s hard to be completely clear on it because there’s a surprising amount of variation between RS models in different wheelsizes, travel etc, but I’d bet not.

I certainly know 2016 Pike dampers won’t fit in 2016 Yari chassis, even though they’re the same size externally, the stanchions of the Yari/Lyrik forks are thicker internally, and they have a different thread size too.

kimbers

I’m pretty sure it won’t

teethgrinder

Different thread pitch, unless it’s a Boost A2 Pike, I believe.

joebristol

I think the answer to that one is no from previous research I did. I had a 2017 Yari (same as 2016 one I believe) and everywhere I went said a Puke charger damper wouldn’t fit. I actually have a 2017 pike at home and that has a charger 1 damper in it; but when I bought a charger damper for my Yari it was a charger 2 that would fit.

Try speaking to TF tuned or j-tech tuning – they should be able to advise 100%.

slickandslide
    Free Member

Nope its not possible I am afraid. The Lyrik/Yari charger damper is physically longer than the Pike one and the thread bits on the top cap is different as teeth grinder pointed out (boost pikes have the same thread pitch).

Also the motion control setup cannot be fitted in the the Pike as none boost Pikes used a bare stanchion on the damper side with no retaining groove on the base of the stanchion for the motion control sealhead to locate into.

Onzadog
    Free Member

So, from the sounds of that, my 2016 non boost 650b pike charger damper will fit in my 2018 29″ boost revelation?

Not easy, is it!

cookci
    Free Member

Never mind worth a try!

thanks for the advice

slickandslide
    Free Member

So, from the sounds of that, my 2016 non boost 650b pike charger damper will fit in my 2018 29″ boost revelation?

Nope it won’t I’m afraid. Top cap threading is different on the none boost Pike and the rest of the forks.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

It probably won’t fit in protest at being called a Pick and a Puke .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Will the charger damper out of a 2016 pick fit in a 2018 yari?’ is closed to new replies.