Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Will new top cap fix reverb movement?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi,
    As the title says my rock shox reverb has just started to move around a bit.
    Will just replacing the bushing top cap fix that or will I need more parts ?

Cheers

swanny853

In which direction?

Rotational- probably need new keys if it’s really bad.
    Up and down- likely air in post, needs an internal bleed
    Side to side/fore and aft- probably the bush(es), one in the to cap, one lower down

woolymonster
    Free Member

Stealth or externally routed?

Movement, as in forward/backwards slightly; sagging under load, or left right when holding/twisting the saddle?

woolymonster
    Free Member

Beat me to it 🙂

shaungero
    Free Member

It’s externally routed. It started off with a very slight back to forward movement and now has gotten worse.
    I wasn’t aware there was a lower bush ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You need to buy the big nut at the bottom of the shaft, comes with bush installed. Can be had from Germany for about 25 quid.

shaungero
    Free Member

I just replaced the top cap and it has fixed the forward and back movement but now I can twist the saddle side to side a little bit. What could this be ?
    Cheers

swanny853

Did you replace the same keys that were in there before? If so there shouldn’t be any more rotational movement than there was. If might be that you weren’t looking for it?

shaungero
    Free Member

Yeah I did replace with the same keys, They had the 3 strikes in them but i do feel that there is a bit extra rotational movement than there should be. would putting the next size keys up be an option ?

swanny853

I have wondered that but assumed that they’d have some sort of procedure in the factory to start with the biggest key size and work their way down. Most reverbs (and most other droppers I’ve tried) have some sort of rotational play, is it actually going to be something you notice while riding?

shaungero
    Free Member

Fair call there Mate,
    I will check it again in the morning its probably not as bad as i think. It is way better than what it was so i should be happy with that.
    Cheers for your help

swanny853

You’re welcome, hope it’s ok!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Will new top cap fix reverb movement?’ is closed to new replies.