Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Will my Rockshox Yari go Longer than 140mm?
  • phil5556

The service/upgrade manual suggests it will with just a different airspring

It’s a 130mm fork that is currently getting upped to 140mm with the Debonair spring but (for the future) will it go right up to 180mm? Model FS-YARI-RC-A1

I assumed 140 was the limit as it has 130 & 140 sag markings on the side, but potentially good news if it will go to 150 ūüôā

breadcrumb

Pretty sure they’re all the same chassis, the markings don’t dictate the maximum travel.

Stiggy

Put your chassis number in to the Rockshox Trailhead app and it’ll give you the upgrade options with part codes.

ocrider

As per the table you posted, you can increase an A1 27.5 Yari to 180mm travel and the 29er to 160.
    I increased the travel on an A1 Pike to 160mm also with a Debonair spring and knowing how much difference it made, I’d do it to a Yari as well. Actually with a Yari I’d also consider finding myself a Charger 2.1 damper or a Yari Up from Fast Suspension, essentially transforming it into a higher spec Lyrik.

phil5556

@ocrider that‚Äôs what I‚Äôm doing ‚Äď new Charger damper & 140mm Debonair are currently being fitted ūüĎć It‚Äôs good to know that the relatively cheap air spring can be changed again to go even longer so I could put the fork on a new frame.

doomanic

My 29er Yari is currently set to 170mm with a Smashpot Coil. Before that it had a 170mm Debonair spring.

phil5556

Pretty sure they’re all the same chassis, the markings don’t dictate the maximum travel.

ūüĎćūüĎć

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

The CSU’s are all the same length so you can take your pick on debonair lengths, the sag markings have gone from the new forks probably for that very reason.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.