Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Will it be ok?
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Went out riding last night and just cleaned my bike this morning and noticed theres a thumb size slit in the sidewall on my rear tire, im running maxxis minions duel ply 2.35, its not really deep but u can see the fabric inside, is it worth getting a new tire or can i fix it or will it be ok? cheers!

D0NK

can you see the innertube or has it just gone through the top rubber coating/first ply? If you can see the tube definitely replace.

jota180
    Free Member

That’s the reason Super Glue was invented [probably]

cynic-al
    Free Member

superglue won’t help on a sidewall.

You can patch/stitch it though.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

erm dont think you can see the innertube i think its just slit the sidewall its self

IA

Gaffer on the inside’s seen me right before…*

*some sort of disclaimer here, might have your face off etc…

gaznewns
    Free Member

If you do try to repair it use dental floss to stitch.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

gaffer tape on the inside sounds a good idea, ill give that a go, hopefully its not gone all the way through as i said it just seems like a small slit on the top layer because u can see all the stitching on the inside of the ” duel ply ” ill take it off and have a look cheers

ScotlandTheScared

I had a similar issue. As a temporary repair I gaffer taped a bit of old toothpaste tube into the inside of the tyre just in case and then whilst the tyre was inflated I put araldite across the tear as some protection. Ran the tyre for another couple of thousand kms without an issue.

Drillski
    Free Member

repair with rubber vulcanising solution. Its for rubber! Strangley, it seems to work quite well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Will it be ok?’ is closed to new replies.