Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Will bike lights go flat faster in a garage than inside the house?
  • tall_martin

Hi,

My commuter is moving from the hall into the garage for reasons of space.

If I leave the lights on it, will they go flat faster out in the unheated garage?

Lights in question are exposure 6 pack, hope rechargeable rear and a coupe of wee flasher one rechargeable one aa batteries

Cheers

Martin

Wally

Yes.

P20

My lezyne will show amber after a night in garage. Once warmed up it returns to green. No idea if it ultimately effects the duration

tall_martin

Cheers!
    I’ll keep the lights warm and snuggly in the house then 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Agreed. Batteries don’t like the cold.

pembo6
    Free Member

Li-ion batteries should be kept in the cold. Many MTB bike light manufacturers will recommend keeping In the fridge.

“Li-ion batteries should be kept cool. Ideally they are stored in a refrigerator. Aging will take its toll much faster at high temperatures.”

whitestone
    Free Member

Batteries don’t like the cold when in use but for storage cold should have no ill effects. Since they work by chemical reaction cooler temps will slow those reactions down – which is what you don’t want when you are using them but what you do want when storing.

johnnystorm

My aging MK2 six-pack, when stored in the garage, hardly loses any charge when I put it away in spring and get it out again in Autumn.

tenfoot

I store all of my lights indoors after some scrote nicked all of my bikes and my lights too.

J-R

I tend to think whitestone is right, but the people at Exposure are very helpful so why not just email them and find out for sure?

cookeaa

My lezyne will show amber after a night in garage

I have had a Femto since October and TBH I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by its battery life irrespective of the temperature its been a bit on the short side…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Will bike lights go flat faster in a garage than inside the house?’ is closed to new replies.