Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • will any slx mech work with 11 – 50 11 speed cassette?
  • charliemort

I can only find medium cage for sale – will that work? do they even do a long cage version?

thanks

Poopscoop

Singletrack did an editorial on this, listing the ones that fit. Have s search for it. Im fairly sure that it’s the long cage that doesn’t work and the medium that does!

hainman
    Free Member

The info on CRC says the med cage will do 46 tooth max
    I’m sure I asked this before and was told Kong cage

davewalsh
    Free Member

Definitely medium cage needed, the long cage is for running 2×11 with a smaller cassette. Take care if fitting to a full suss with plenty of chain growth though, mine was fine static but chain was too short when compressed. Obviously fine on a hardtail.

scotroutes

The info on CRC says the med cage will do 46 tooth max
    I’m sure I asked this before and was told Kong cage

It’s always worth a try. Shimano are notoriously conservative when it comes to max cog sizes for their mechs.

d42dom

I run a medium cage SLX M7000 on an 11-50 Sunrace cassette with no problem. As above on a F/S, 112 link chain wasn’t long enough at full compression in first with a 34T ring so had to add a link in to be on the safe side. Shouldn’t ever be at full compression in first but it’s better than ripping my mech off. Mech takes up the slack happily in 11T.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘will any slx mech work with 11 – 50 11 speed cassette?’ is closed to new replies.