Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Will a Garmin edge tourer plug into IPad ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

As title says, will the Garmin tourer work on an iPad with a USB adapter. I would just like yo upload rides a bit faster than plugging it into a computer each time.
    Cheers

simon_g

Nope.

stumpy01

Can you plug in USB sticks etc. into an ipad & view the files? If so, then I would have thought it would work.

It’s what I do with my Android tablet & a USB OTG cable. Just plug it in & manually upload the activity using the Garmin Conenct (or Strava) website – not the apps.
    That’s with an Edge500. I have read that some tablet don’t output enough juice to allow the devices to power up, but mine was fine (LG GPad 8.3).

There’s an article on DCRainmaker about uploading to tablets & I think he covers ipads, as well as Android tablets within that; might be worth a search.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    porkscratching
    Free Member

I got mine to work with my Nexus 7, but it was a bit involved (rooting the tablet, an OTG cable and some root apps). I suspect it’ll be even more complicated with an iPad.

shaungero
    Free Member

Cheers for that. I will have a read now stumpy. Bit of a shame that’s it’s not just a simple if and at setup.

andydicko
    Free Member

You can upload photos to iPad via USB but that’s it, it won’t read any devices though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Will a Garmin edge tourer plug into IPad ?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts