Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Wild Speculation and Complete Lies about the new Forum.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Mark

As I said yesterday, this is the start of something big that goes much further than the forum, but the forum is where the work needed to start first.

Cheers and sorry for the glitches 🙂

Following this somewhat vague post my mind began to wander and I pondered just what “something big that goes much further” could be. Then it hit me, the new forum will be running an advanced version of Facebook’s outrage algorithm and instead of forum members starting threads and exciting cool stories from their day, the forum software will simply start threads with engaging titles. For example

“I was caught speeding but I sexually harassed the police officer and got away with it”

“Donald Trump’s hair”

“My neighbour’s wheelie bin smells bad”

“Is my dog a racist?”

and so on. You get the idea. Apparently there will also be facebook logins, buttons, avatars, embedded autoplay videos….so many things. Many new things. Who else knows what great things are in the pipe.

scotroutes

Bigly

perchypanther
    Free Member

Who else knows what great things are in the pipe.

RustySpanner

They’re moving to Surrey.

This whole site is currently being hosted by a ZX81 plugged into a Transit fag lighter socket.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It will smell of elderberries

nwmlarge
    Free Member

It will actually fill a monitor width when used by paid members

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It will work properly.

jonnyboi

What jimjam looks like now left us with no words

footflaps

>This whole site is currently being hosted by a ZX81 plugged into a Transit fag lighter socket.

They should have bought the 16k Ram pack…

tthew

It’s going to used the amassed knowledge stored over the years to develop consciousness.

(is there any such thing as a road legal hovercraft, how to get Sudocreme out of a cat, do headsets come with a crown race, how do I get out of a PCP contract)

Instead of destroying mankind, it will destroy itself.

scaredypants

will be running an advanced version of Facebook’s outrage algorithm

will there be a like button ?

scud
    Free Member

From now on every thread will be a poem and everything must rhyme, not just that one “poetry” thread and Premium membership will involve not paying more, but scoring points based on trolling/ Audi ownership/ ability to chop and burn wood and whether you can ever converted a van to sleep in.

jimjam
    Free Member

will there be a like button ?

No, just an unlike button.

arrpee
    Free Member

Jimjam wrote a post and we were here for it.

MrSparkle

*unlikes*

tthew

…whether you ever converted a van to sleep in.

I took a sleeping shelf out of my van. 🙁

*hands back P*

jekkyl

additonal services for subscribers?

abaility to upload pics for a start!

Sandwich

That’s crazy talk.

martinhutch

As long as they’re backing it up properly, the forum wisdom will be preserved through the ages.

slowoldman

I like this forum, it reminds me of Newsgroups.

aracer
    Free Member

It will work properly.

I know this is the thread for wild speculation, but there’s no need to be silly.

They have – did you not notice when it wobbled a bit earlier (you’d have to be a real tech nerd to get that one!)

Beagleboy

Aracer – I still haven’t gotten over the day my best mate and I lost trying to load Flight Simulator onto my ZX81. Time and time again we tried, hours we were at it, until finally the screen lit up and said ‘Hit any Key to Continue”. Well my mate thought it would be a brilliant jape to heartily slap the (flat) keyboard in a triumphant manner. On a ZX81, with a 16K rampack….even though he knew that a sneeze in the same room would wobble the rampack enough to crash the system.

That was 1982, I reached out to him recently to maybe try and rekindle our friendship, although how can you trust a man that does that?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I head that the old forum got eaten by an enormous mutant start goat. Is that true?

aracer
    Free Member

Congrats Beagleboy, you’re a real tech nerd 🙂

Greybeard
    Free Member

“old forum got eaten by an enormous mutant star[t] goat”
    Completely true – this is the B Forum we’re on.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Wild Speculation and Complete Lies about the new Forum.’ is closed to new replies.