Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wild camping spots in the Brecon Beacons areas
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Any pointers? Accessible on foot, up to a mile or so from a road. Water preferable but not essential, a nice view or a ‘wilderness’ aspect also desirable.

JackHammer

There’s a Bothie up near Gwyrne Fawr reservoir. Loads of places around there to pitch a tent/sheet that are unassuming and isolated.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice, tarp is a requirement for this particular outing. Will check it out.

malgrey
    Free Member

The area around Llyn Cwm Llwch is used quite often, though should be quiet at this time of year. Got “blown off” from their in Storm Desmond a few years back (why do I always end up doing this stuff in December!?) and dropped back in to the stream a few hundred m above the field boundary, found a little pitch there. It was a bit more sheltered for lying in in the dark for 16 hours, in a storm, holding my tent up by lying on my back with arms and legs pressed against the poles. Tent survived, poles got bent.

Always thought the 2 llyns below the Fan Brycheiniog escarpment looked like good spots.

anagallis_arvensis

That bald headed beardy copper was on last night too!!

timber

Waterfalls up above Talybont reservoir, should still be some trees to tie your tarp to. Cafe in the village does a good fry up.

Ambrose

Llyn y Fan Fach, 804219, in the lee of the dam is really nice. You will need to be VERY ‘subtle’.
    Plas y Gors, tolerated by BBNP, 924155. Can be used by groups.
    Cwm Du, 946216.

Enjoy

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks Ambrose.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wild camping spots in the Brecon Beacons areas’ is closed to new replies.