Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Wild boar.
  • MSP

Saw a family of wild boar run across the track in front of me as I cycled to work this morning, first time I have seen some, so was feeling pretty good. Until about 20 seconds later when I hear the shots ring out, hunters must of got them, the bastards, ruined the moment.

CaptainSlow

Yum 8)

wwaswas

lucky you weren’t a victim of ‘friendly’ fire, really.

Pigface
    Free Member

Where are you?

Maybe the Boar were the ones doing the shooting 😉

jota180
    Free Member

Good eating for the shooters, just in time for Christmas

theblackmount
    Free Member

“Wild” boar you say.

What country do you live in?

atlaz
    Free Member

Delicious. We have wild boar around here and this is the time of year for baby wild boar (the word boarlet just looks wrong for some reason) to be on restaurant menus. Slow cooked, loads of wine, the bones to thicken the sauce, served with red cabbage and spaetzle. Got my order in for a load for Xmas too.

mattsccm
    Free Member

And why were the shots not for deer?

ocrider

Marcassin sounds far more classy than boarlet, yummy too.

Theres nothing like looking down the barrel of a drunken idiot’s rifle early on a Sunday morning to get the pulse racing. Two months of pig-killing season left. Can’t wait.

MSP

I like to eat wild boar as much as anyone, but only when I know they have died naturally from an excess of love and happiness.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Now you’re just being silly.

Drac

Very popular meat in the 80s. Duran Duran even did a tribute.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M43wsiNBwmo[/video]

MSP

Duran duran! I think youre mixing up boars and bores.

andytherocketeer

Heard some rustling in the woods while cycling along, on the way back from Frankenstein’s castle (about a year or so back). Family of 3 wild boar shot out right in front of me, maybe 5m in front of front wheel. Couple of seconds either way, and things could have been messy or painful.

Close encounters with Red Kite too (3 times so far), and some bambis.
    edit: all on numbered bike paths too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ate some boar (chingali) stew in Italy – tasty. Saw some trotting about on the Freeminers’ trail in FOD – cute.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have yet to see any.. boo 🙁

Moses

I’ve eaten it a few times, very tasty, but not seen any boar in the UK. Deer, on the other hand are great fun when running parallel to you. There were two great big beauties crashing past me on Follow the Dog, Cannock, yesterday.

igrf
    Free Member

Funny, I only saw what I thought was one of those on the way home last week, vaguely pig like, wandering around the Army camp, not likely to last long with all those ghurkas wandering about I thought.

Unusual enough to wind down the window and grab a picky

Edukator
    Free Member

There are too many sangliers and not enough hunters in this part of the world, MSP. Next time you see them please let them know: “Süd-Westlich Frankreich braucht dringend Jägern um eine menge Wildschweins zu erschiesen”.

micky
    Free Member

Been lucky enough to See them a couple of times in the forest of Dean now. They are doing very well there. When they have young they are meant to be pretty evil, especially to dogs i’ve heard. You can easily pass them and not see them, they blend in so well. Came across a deer last time in the FOD too. Lovely place.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Boar, deer, sheep.I see more of them than I do of my wife! :lol:Work is a bugger .

jonahtonto
    Free Member

stop **** over deer micky 😆
    my mates dog was killed by a wild boar, was pretty horrible. took us two hrs to get to a vet, to have her put down and she was in a right mess, massive internal bleeding, big puncture wounds. poor jolie 🙁

neilc1881
    Free Member

Saw them in the FoD a month or so ago too, around the trails on a night ride with the dog. Was quite relieved that she stayed with me as she is an over-eager working dog with a habit of bringing everything to me! Father in law was working out in NZ when the Huntaways went tearing off into the forest, the 2 lead dogs were killed outright. Off to the FoD again next week and think the bitch will be staying at home.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Wild boar.’ is closed to new replies.