• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wii games for a 4 year old??
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Any recommendations??

Ta

crikey
    Free Member

Buy some proper toys you evil rotter!

Spud

We’ve just bought the Wii Motion Play for our 3 & 5 yo’s. They love it, simple games and good for the family to play together.

lodious
    Free Member

Mario Kart!!

beanieripper
    Free Member

play with them.. a book?

andycs

Play outside instead!!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Cant play outside when it’s cold and raining!

jon1973
    Free Member

Play outside instead!!

play with them.. a book?

yes, of course owning a Wii automatically excludes you from ever playing outside or reading a book. 🙄

Nothing wrong with video games in moderation, stop being so bloody sanctimonious.

revs1972
    Free Member

mariokart !

my 4yr old can almost win a race, but has a habit of waiting on a corner for his “friends” to catch up
    Moderate to an hour max if they are being good, and never near bed time. My wife not entirely happy with it but I feel it teaches eye/hand co-ordination etc (well thats my excuse anyway)
    Just dont ever leave the XBOX on with COD loaded with Zombies. He keeps running round nursery telling people he will shoot their head off.
    Ooops !

shiraz
    Free Member

Anything with Lego in the Title. I started playing Lego Batman with Josh when he was 4. Since then, we’ve played Lego Starwars, Lego Indiana Jones (before it cost £80 per copy!), Lego Harry Potter and finally Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. They’re all awesome (for both of us). Started off with me leading and him just following, now he leads, often comes rushing through to tell me he’s finished a level that I couldn’t do first time out. He’s only 6 now!

I also concur with some of the others above. Its about balance at the end of the day. We play about an hour per day, interleaved with learning numbers / reading / writing (if its raining – which in Wales if often is!) or biking / scootering / swimming / cricket. They’re growing up an electronic world. As long as its not the only thing they’re doing I think its a great way of learning problem solving and competing with yourself!

molgrips
    Free Member

stop being so bloody sanctimonious snobby

When you were 4, I’m sure you’d have thought video games were the best thing ever. And that’s cos they are (one of them). And quite obviously they do not replace all other activities, why would you assume that?

v10
    Free Member

Mine loves playing madworld 🙂

Spud

Balance is key. Our two would much rather be outside playing, walking over the fields and woods, riding their bikes. We all play together and only for short periods.

Taff
    Free Member

I play Mario kart with my nephew also just dance 1 but that’s more comedy for us

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wii games for a 4 year old??’ is closed to new replies.