Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wigley Lane
  • FOG

I was just about to post an incensed rant about this lane until I spotted the sidebar article. I had heard this was being done so being out in the area today I thought I would have a look. It really is worse than it looks from the pictures and to be honest the gravel is more dangerous than the original ruts and rubble. I can’ t actually see the horsey types being that pleased as their horses must slip and slide going up and down which leaves us the question, why? It’s too steep to be an easy going trail for people with mobility problems and too remote , most walkers I spoke to thought it was an eyesore so again , why? All I can think of is that it is to make it unattractive to the off road vehicle mob even though it has a sign at both ends saying it is now a restricted By-way.
    Derbyshire ROW dept have always followed a different drummer.

mintimperial

why?

DCC’s RoW/Highways gonks are lazy, ignorant idiots? Their responses to questioning certainly bear out that interpretation.

I got to ride that lane last year, I’m glad I got to do it once, it was fun, shame it’s gone. One less reason to visit that part of the world.

ratherbeintobago

I can’ t actually see the horsey types being that pleased

There must be room for a combined effort between the CTC and BHS on things like this, shouldn’t there?

zippykona

Will someone from the magazine do an article on this issue PLEASE.
    JEEZUS **** CHRIST.

zippykona

Edit ,just saw the news bit. Its a start.

dannyh
    Free Member

Let’s face it. They don’t want you there. Simple as. Government and councils repeatedly trot out the same old crap about obesity and exercise, but then just revert to type when it really comes to thinking.

Cheeky and guilt-free trails ahoy!

sprocker
    Free Member

I was there on Sunday it’s sh.t now did not realise how much of a mess they can make. I really liked it as descent and only ever passed a couple of walkers on it who seemed to getting up fine. They have also done the bridle way from stony to eyam not in the nasty black stuff but there is already a massive rut in it. A complete waste of money !! Do they actually want to force riders on to footpaths.

colournoise

Is this the first descent on the Cotic demo loop? Steepish mix of slabs and loose baby head rocks? If so, this is a REAL shame and deffo needs as much negative exposure as we as a community can give it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wigley Lane’ is closed to new replies.