Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Wiggle “free” returns no longer free?
  • devash
    Free Member

I’ve probably been out of the loop for a while but since when did Wiggle start charging £2.95 to return an item?

I know its free returns if you drop off at an Asda but the nearest one to me is an hour round trip.

plus-one

The end is nigh 🙁

fossy

There was a news article over the weekend about how ‘internet’ retailers are suffering from the level of returns – folk buying more than one item (e.g. different sizes) and returning the ‘spares’. The handling/repacking are affecting them – bear in mind these were smaller retailers.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I imagine this will be the same for a lot of internet based retailers.

The costs associated with ‘free’ returns when people order multiples of items for sizing checks, colours etc must be astronomical.

Not to mention the holiday spares buyers, whom then return everything when they get back if they haven’t used/needed it. It was only ever going to go one way.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They have removed their main competitor, time to cut back on the loss leaders.

DezB
    Free Member

Pay by paypal – https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/paypal-returns-postage-refunds/

I’m close to reaching my limit on reclaimed postage!

fathomer

I returned something last week using the Asda toyou returns, which was the only free way.

kerley
    Free Member

Makes sense really. You should be able to return any item due to distance selling and get the full amount back for the item but why should the seller pay for you to return it?

tomhoward

I imagine Asda will pay something to the folk it offers the free returns for too, what with them giving people a reason to go to their supermarket.

tone46
    Free Member

Just used the asda service for chain reaction. Hmm, did the touch screen, please wait, it said, so I did. And waited, and waited. A very helpful asda employee just happened to be walking past and asked if They could help?
    Apparently the system has a few bugs so no one had received the message I was standing there waiting for the label to be printed out! Not very impressed.

mashr

OTOH I’ve used the Asda service loads of times now without an issue. It helps that I have to drive past at least one Asda on the way home from work

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve never returned anything that wasn’t faulty or miss sold. Don’t have a problem with this at all.

BillOddie

That’s a shame.

As some who is not stereotypical cyclist shape and with no decent local bikeshop, I used Wiggle returns quite a bit to return stuff that doesn’t fit.

mashr

I’ve never returned anything that wasn’t faulty or miss sold. Don’t have a problem with this at all.

If you buy any form of clothes or footwear online then you’ve been very lucky in that case

craig24
    Free Member

Pay by paypal – https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/paypal-returns-postage-refunds/

I’m close to reaching my limit on reclaimed postage!

Missed that, thanks!

MartynS

Last week I returned a pair of shorts to wiggle via collect plus, for a refund, no postage charge…
    Is it just larger items?
    *off to read the other thread*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not going to relaunch the older post but who foots the bill when paypal refund you? Is it from their cut or from the retailer>

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I think the return charge is fair compared to cost of returning an item back to the store ie parking, time etc, of course this depends on the individual.

DezB
    Free Member

who foots the bill when paypal refund you?

Who cares!

(Pretty sure it’s Paypal.)

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I did a return for free via Royal Mail last week

mos

No free postage from CRC either since the merger.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who cares!

(Pretty sure it’s Paypal.)

Mostly out of interest, it obviously is worth it for PP to get their fees through volumes but it will be interesting to see if it lasts if more people stop offering free returns.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Something once free in “finding it’s true price” shocker!

benp1

I was surprised at that too. Had two parcels to return and was planning to do collect plus like normal, only to discover it’s only asda that’s free. Thankfully there’s one not too far. Not as convenient or easy as my local newsagent though

daern
    Free Member

This link still says “free returns”:

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/wiggle

Do they just dock £2.95 from the refund?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

It must be worthwhile for PayPal to offer free return, for my online spend it pretty all goes through PayPal, less companies with my credit card details is an added bonus

dirtyrider
    Free Member

saw something today about unlimited free next day deliveries for £9.99 a year? cannot find it now, anyone seen it?

blader1611
    Free Member

Anybody know how long it takes Wiggle to refund? Sent some stuff back last weds via ToYou and not heard a thing since.

Kuco

I took wiggle up on that offer. It was called Wiggle plus and was £19.99 reckon I’ve had my money out of it already.

globalti
    Free Member

Oh the irony! Internet sellers wipe out high street shops (where you can try on clothes for fit) and are then surprised when customers begin ordering two sizes and returning one!

cynic-al
    Free Member

“Internet sellers wipe out high street on unsustainable business model then put prices up” more like.

Jeff Bezos’s idea TBF.

otsdr
    Free Member

I think there’s a big difference between ‘wrong size, send me another item’ (which is still presumably free) and ‘I intentionally ordered one extra’.

DezB
    Free Member

are then surprised when customers begin ordering two sizes and returning one

Surprised? Are they? I can recall a couple of places I’ve ordered things and it was one of the “return reason” options. Bought my wetsuit that way.

nixie

for my online spend it pretty all goes through PayPal, less companies with my credit card details is an added bonus

Great idea until you need to try and claim the money back via your CC and they refuse it as you used PayPal.

DezB
    Free Member

Great idea until you need to try and claim the money back via your CC and they refuse it as you used PayPal.

Well, that’s a risk I’m prepared to take …Seeing as I’ve not had to claim through my cc in 20 years of online shopping.

mashr

blader1611 – Member

Anybody know how long it takes Wiggle to refund? Sent some stuff back last weds via ToYou and not heard a thing since.

You should have a tracking number and various email updates by now? It’s not the fastest though, but then it is free so cant expect too much. IIRC it usually takes just over a week before getting a CRC/Wiggle email about the refund

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Big ticket items I’ll use a credit card but PayPal for the rest. Hence the bulk of my online orders go via PayPal, I’m with dezB on not having charged back in 18 years online, usual montage “if it’s too good to be true and all that”

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle “free” returns no longer free?’ is closed to new replies.