• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Duc.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wiggle Enduro 6
  • domino

Anyone else doing the Wiggle Enduro 6 next weekend? Mrdomino and I entered into Mixed Pairs. He's not done a race for a looong time and I've only done one before. Any top tips?

stumpy01

Yeah – I'm doing it as a pair with a mate.
    I'll be on a 2010 Stumpy Elite (silver) and mate will probably be on his Whyte E-120.

The course (if it's the same as last year) is pretty nice.
    There's a couple of short, steep climbs (that had a few people walking last yr) as well as some more drawn out ones but no major climbs in terms of distance. It's just the fact that there's quite a few of them in a lap that knackered me last yr (I did it solo last yr).
    Some nice singletrack to contend with.

The run at the start is 'interesting' and quite amusing watching all the people in spds running with gloves & helmets on.

The pit areas if they are the same as last year are quite small.

gee
    Free Member

It's a good race. The key is to put everything you could possibly need in your pit area before the race – including a chair and a little fishing tent for shelter from the rain/hail/lightening/sun.

The rules are pretty strict on spares etc – it has to be in your pit before the start. You also have to pull into the pits to get a bottle or food.

As for the course – if it's dry it is relentlessly fast. No let up at all. If it's wet (which in the 6 years I've done the race it has never been…) the course is dreadful and needs 1.5" mud tyres. Fingers crossed…

In pairs, 6hrs isn't that long – so go flat out from the start. One lap is essentially a sprint. It might be worth doing 2 laps on the spin if it's dry and the laps are about 30mins as this will save you one min per lap on changeover.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mascy
    Free Member

Is this what was the Karrimor Enduro 6 a few years ago? A clubmate & I came 2nd to Barry Clarke & one of his team mates back in the day @ Trentham Gardens!

Tips? Ride fast, take risks 😉

Good luck. Lovely weekend for it.

domino

Thanks, fingers crossed for some nice weather. Say hello if you see me on my Yeti.

domino

Another quick question – how long is the run at the beginning? Thanks

Spud

800m it says in the bumph. Is it the same course at SiTS?

Duc
    Free Member

Gee you utter GIT!

Have you seen the weather forecast for this week in that area ?

Rain every day from tomorrow until Monday !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle Enduro 6’ is closed to new replies.