Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wiggle CX Century
  • All-On-Black
    Free Member

Anyone else doing the Wiggle CX Century this weekend?

Doing it on mtb with a mate, but staying in a hotel the night before and after.

Anyone know if you can leave a car in the beachy head car park over night?

Also, is there a water tap at the QECP?

Cheers

JoB
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can leave a car in the beachy head car park over night?

you can, there’s plenty of car-parking spots in the area, whether that is wise (for a variety of reasons) is another matter
    leaving the car in a quiet suburban street in Eastbourne would be a better bet

Also, is there a water tap at the QECP?

yes
    there’s quite a few taps along the SDW and the Wiggle CX team will also be supplying water and snacks

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Yeh I know that it’s risky because it isn’t secure with cameras and I know there have been issues with suicides, I just didnt want to add to the 100 miles already being ridden.
    The first wiggle support stop is at 35 miles so I just wanted a water tap part way to there really. QECP would be perfect.

Thanks

JoB
    Free Member

it’s about a mile and half downhill to suburbia 😉

dovebiker

Attempting to ride a Southdowns Double Friday evening through to Saturday but I suppose there’ll be lot of people walking and holding the gates open as I’ll be heading back the other way!t There are two taps before QECP too.

rickian
    Free Member

I am doing this with a group of 3 friend.
    3 off us on cross bikes and 1 on a MTB.
    We are staying over in Eastbourne on the Saturday night as well and opted to leaved the car in a pay and display. As mentioned above don’t think it more than a few miles roll down into town at the finish.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

After having a gander on streetview it looks like theres a few places to park on the roadside for free.

Good luck with your double, ‘dovebiker’, one way is more than enough for me! Possibly see you going the other way then.

Cheers

dovebiker

Cheers, I’ll be riding a fatbike with orange rims and frame bag – hard to miss. Planning to start at 7pm Friday so should be on my way back by the time you guys start – hopefully won’t be too heavy a dew and get sprayed with sheep-$hit between Jeavington and Ditchling (mmmm-tasty) Will probably be in full-on grovel-mode after Chanctonbury so apologies if I’m a bit unresponsive / grumpy 😕

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle CX Century’ is closed to new replies.