Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Wiggle Customer Service LOL
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

My missus ordered me a Wheel Truing Jig for my birthday, which is awesome in itself. This was ordered through Wiggle.

She ordered it with ‘Priority Delivery’, so added the £2.99, and it arrived a couple of days later.

When we opened it, every single part of it was missing, except the main body.

So, I emailled Wiggle to ask for some help, listing all the items that were missing. I was then asked to send a photograph of what I had in the box. It was pretty pointless, as it was a cardboard box, and a big bit of metal.

They then said if I got a returns label ID, and sent it to them, they’d send me a new one at the same time – thumbs up, not bad. Took them three days to get to this conclusion. But I was happy.

I got the returns ID, emailled them, and sent the metal block and cardboard box back.

Two weeks’ later, I get an email saying ‘We’ve got your return, and found the missing part – it’s on it’s way to you’ (in very garbled English actually – I’m paraphrasing).

So…. yet another week on, nothing. Although after a complaint to Wiggle, and asking to speak to a manager, and a message on their Twitter account – I got a refund! Yay!

£2.99.

For the sodding postage.

Wiggle, you’re thieves, liars and won’t be getting any of my business.

Ricks

bearnecessities

Opens biscuits crisps.

dhrider
    Free Member

Head for the credit card company (if you used one) and file a chargeback.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickon
    Free Member

Opened a Paypal dispute just now. 20 days to reply.

I’ve never had a bad experience with Wiggle, but their Customer Service people were all over the place – have they outsourced?

Opens biscuits crisps.

I’ve got me one of these bad boys:

6.8% of amaze.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yeah I was a bit miffed when my new ti frame suppose to be 14 my arrived but arrived in a timewarp as a 12 my frame.

They refunded me £50 but still left feeling gutted as the model I dhould have received came with a ti headtube badge (the main reason I chosethe frame lol).

Then once built up I noticed a slight imperfection on derailleur hanger like a burrr under hanger, not misaligned mind I hope. LUCKY I’m running it ss so all good.

Then a ceramic bb I purchased on their say so that it would fit my supposedly new frame did not.
    They refused to send out like for like as too costly gor them to do so.

Feeling really miffed at this point after ordering a lot of ££££ in 2 seperate orders same day from them.
    They fid however send me £41.99 the cost I had to pay my lbs for the correct bb but now left with an expensive bb30 ceramic bb that I have no use for.

To top it off they hound my inbox every second of every day.

So if Wiggle are reading this, please DO ONE with the emails. Not sure tgeir unsubscribe works effectively.

Mis advertised goods but felt it was the frame I wanted for a while so didn’t kick up a fuss.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yes I also find innis & Gunn the huage bottles a wiggle remedy. 😉

rickon
    Free Member

So if Wiggle are reading this, please DO ONE with the emails. Not sure tgeir unsubscribe works effectively.

As part of the Data Protection Act they need to sufficiently prove that they have done everything they can to keep their Marketing records up to date, so that they do not spam your inbox – it’s a breach if they do.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Sounds odd…been using them for years and never had an issue. I’ve had to return things that have failed within warranty, but never waited more than about 3 days for a refund. I’ve noticed they’re the only shop that have asked me to send them photographic proof of failure before sending items back. But in your case, if I was to send them a photo showing parts missing, they should open another box, send you the missing parts and return what they’re left with to their supplier – instead of making their problem your problem etc…

allfankledup

Returns so far for me have been pretty good

A distinct lack of haribo in some orders though…

rickon
    Free Member

if I was to send them a photo showing parts missing, they should open another box, send you the missing parts and return what they’re left with to their supplier – instead of making their problem your problem etc…

Now that would be being customer-centric, like Amazon. Rather than assuming your customer is wrong. What annoys me most is that they said they would be sending me a replacement via priority, they actually said it was waiting in the queue. And then they didn’t bother.

If I’d had known, I’d have just asked for a refund, as I’ve no use for a wheel jig right now. Maybe in a years time when I need to retrue my new wheels I bought in the meantime.

otsdr
    Free Member

They’ve sent me the (same) wrong product twice back in ’11 – haven’t ordered from them since.

Northwind

otsdr – Member

They’ve sent me the (same) wrong product twice back in ’11 – haven’t ordered from them since.

Evans did that to me once- I ordered a camelbak, they sent me a tyre. I sent it back and said “This isn’t a camelbak. I ordered a camelbak. Send me a camelbak” and they said “OK, we understand the issue- have the same tyre back”- still had my return labels on it.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I once brought a helmet from them…..sent it back no probs….because the helmet they sent looked like it had been used….in the end I upgraded to a better make
    Wiggle are good just don’t buy a helmet that’s been knocked down ….or you might get a used one sent!!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’ve never had a bad experience with Wiggle, but their Customer Service people were all over the place – have they outsourced?

They’ve recently moved to my neck of the wood ‘wolvo’, so it would explain the incoherent email at least.

wi dow understand wah yahhh problum iz mayte or nie rozumiemy, jaki jest twój problem kolega (Polish)

smogmonster

I have to say i find Wiggle the best of the lot. I order almost all my stuff from them as their service and backup is second to none IMHO. CRC on the other hand….

Andy

Have they relocated to Wolverhampton yet? Likely to affect service when they do as all the new staff get trained up.

EDIT: seems they have so imagine will challenging for them over first Christmas peak

Junkyard
    Free Member

Evans did that to me once- I ordered a camelbak, they sent me a tyre. I sent it back and said “This isn’t a camelbak. I ordered a camelbak. Send me a camelbak” and they said “OK, we understand the issue- have the same tyre back”- still had my return labels on i

Top trolling

I have used evans once and the item did not arrive. they refused to refund till it had been returned to them and advised i do another order with them to get the items quicker. I genuinely burst out laughing at this point with them then went a little bit angry when they asked if i wished to proceed.

Never has an issue with wiggle but i rarely use them tbh

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

“wi dow understand wah yahhh problum iz mayte or nie rozumiemy, jaki jest twój problem kolega (Polish)”

It made me giggle a little bit, given few grammar mistakes there. Do you have a problem with Polish or what?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Ere we go, not just a wiggle vs competitors byt a polish vs ENGLISH debate hehe

jontykint
    Free Member

I ordered a new road bike from wiggle, it arrived quickly but it had a “double” chainset fitted instead of a “compact”. I checked the bike spec on the site and it was advertised to come with a compact.

Did a live chat to flag up the issue, and he said customer service would get back to me.

Next day email from customer service – “we’ve checked your order and the bike spec ,the supplied chainset is the correct one. Enjoy your new bike!”

So I sent one back with a screenshot of the spec pre-update of the webpage, showing the compact advertised.

Customer services- “sorry for the confusion, if you are not happy with the bike send it back for a full refund”

Me- “I don’t want to send the bike back, I would just like the correct chainset. Please can you send me the rings and I will change them.”

Customer services – “sorry we won’t do that, but you can return the bike for a full refund”

This went on for 3 days and 5 emails with 3 different customer service goons. In the meantime I had noticed the sale price of the bike had dropped by a further £200.

I then bypassed customer services and sent a well worded email to the managing director of wiggle.
    1 hour later he was on the phone to me apologising, taking names of customer service guys, and offering to send the new chainrings and refund me £200.

What a ballache that was.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

This is exactly what I am on about jontykint they cba to do the most simple thing to resolve theyd rather lose future custom weird…!

LeeW

To be fair Jonty, I think there’s usually a caveat where the mfr can change the spec of the bike without warning.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Why don’t you try and carry on getting things sorted directly with them instead of posting a rant on here. Seems a bit pointless really… 🙄

michaelmcc
    Free Member

To be fair CRC service isn’t much better. I feel someone should mention the benefits of supporting a local bike shop at this point 😉 😉 .

rickon
    Free Member

Why don’t you try and carry on getting things sorted directly with them instead of posting a rant on here. Seems a bit pointless really…

Did you read my post? It’s been 20 days, I’ve contacted a lot of customer support, their Twitter feed and PayPal. I’m still out of pocket, with no satisfactory result.

I waited almost 3 weeks before mentioning it online anywhere, I think that’s giving Wiggle a reasonable time before ‘ranting’.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

I returned a pair of RS pikes to them for a warranty job. They forwarded on to SRAM as expected and, after an email to chase them up a couple weeks later, advised me i’d get a new set sent out.

Another month later (six weeks in total) they finally refunded me the money for the forks. I emailed them many, many times. Most of these were ignored and they don’t have a phone number. Eventually I got through on FB chat and the guy was a bit more helpful and agreed to refund me the money. I still have no idea why I didn’t receive my forks as, as far as I know, SRAM agreed to replace them and were sending a new set out!?

They are awful and I won’t buy anything from then again. For comparison, i’ve dealt with CRC returns/warranty lots also and they have always been bang on – reply to emails come quickly and the one time I felt the need to phone them it was very easy.

rickon
    Free Member

Money refunded via PayPal dispute this morning. Awesome.

My wife can buy me a very belated birthday gift now!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Feeling really miffed at this point after ordering a lot of ££££ in 2 seperate orders same day from them.
    They fid however send me £41.99 the cost I had to pay my lbs for the correct bb but now left with an expensive bb30 ceramic bb that I have no use for.

So what, they sent you money for the proper BB, let you keep the wrong one (which you could easily sell) and that somehow makes them bad people?

Ooookay…

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

If you see my history I have tried selling the wrong bb for pennies compared to rrp that I near enough paid anyway.

So that’s the pita for me here.

Now try step down from your high horse dear.

mboy
    Free Member

Didn’t the local bike shop sell wheel jigs? 😆

rickon
    Free Member

Little update, Wiggle sent me a replacement. In the first box there was:

1 item in the box
    ~12 items missing

In the second box they sent that arrived:

2 items in the box
    ~11 items missing

So, all I have to do is return the jig another 11 times, and I’l have a complete one!

Total morons, lack of communication, and generally ignoring what I ask about.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, every transaction is like this!

🙄

rickon
    Free Member

Is that sarcasm Al, or experience?

bigjim

the clue is in the name

don’t feed him though

rickon
    Free Member

Lol. Awesome. Confusing troll is confusing. #trollfail

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle Customer Service LOL’ is closed to new replies.