Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Wiggle/CRC Pricing.
  • Daffy

Should they not be the same?

33tango

Yes. I mean, No. Maybe? I blame Brexit.

mashr

Only if they want them to be.

scotroutes

I regularly check both as there are discrepancies.

honourablegeorge

Wiggle normally cheaper for me, as I have a gold/platinum discount. But CRC do loads of £10 vouchers.

TBH, since they changed delivery methods to Ireland, everything takes three or four days to arrive, so I tend to use other shops now. Used to be next day when it was sent regular post.

singletrackmind

Ask them to price match they should, although maybe not bike24 as its same group but abroad.if you are a regular customer who spends abit they should be more inclined to say yes

mehr
    Free Member

Bike24 has nothing to do with wiggle anymore

Tbh it’s pretty shady what they do with pricing between the two sites

Big-Bud
    Free Member

There was something from the Office of fair trading that around 80% of the prices had to be different or the deal would not of ever happened as it was originally blocked.

Mister-P
    Free Member

or the deal would not of ever happened

The deal would not HAVE ever happened.

brokenbanjo

There’s a superfluous ‘ever’ in there too.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I’m not sure why it’s shady to have different prices on different websites with the same owner. Loads of companies do this.

JP

madeupname
    Free Member

Most recent order from Chain reaction (used as was cheaper and still on topcashback) was sent by Wiggle.

No pretences of separation there…

I guess they are happy that people who are brand loyal will not check for cheapest and just buy from their ‘usual’

rascal
    Free Member

Slightly different but bought things off both in last 2 weeks. Ordered from Wiggle Tues night and arrived free delivery on Thurs. Ordered from CRC on Mon free delivery and didn’t arrive til Sat late afternoon. CRC are not what they used to be and being pissed on by ‘sister’ brand in terms of delivery.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Never mind differences between the same company, they also charge different amounts depending on which country you are in. I’m not talking about differences due to shipping or currency, the basic cost of the item varies if you are ordering from the UK or Spain which doesn’t have such a cutthroat online market.

thelawman

Slightly OT, but a couple of people have gone this way already, so… My experience with CRC delivery was exemplary this week. Ordered Sun afternoon/early evening, arrived mid morning Monday. Nothing fancy (new grips) and maybe it helps that I live only about 15 miles from the Bilston dist centre. Was more than happy with that service, just the same.

joebristol

I find the click and collect service via Collect Plus is amazing from either thre CRC or Wiggle website. Tend to order one day and it generally arrives the next. You only pay extra for it if your order is under £25. You can only use it for stuff smaller than bikes though –
    Not tried ordering wheels or forks either – they might be too big as well I guess.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I buy stuff from wherever gives me the cheapest price on the Internet. I don’t care what the logo says st the top of the page (so long as it’s legit)

droodling
    Free Member

I’ve found that more and more, CRC never have what I want in stock. I built up a bike recently, pretty much every component I checked for on CRC was out of stock. It’s been the same for helmets, shoes, almost everything I’ve looked for recently.

The last couple of big ticket items I’ve bought – Rock Shox Pike Ultimates and Sram AXS upgrade kit both came mail order from Germany and were significantly cheaper than anything I could find in the UK

chakaping
    Free Member

Should they not be the same?

I’m not being a dick about this (honest), but in what sense are you using the word “should”?

Legally? Morally? Logistically? Commercially?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Wiggle have put some prices up overnight. Dura-Ace chains have gone up to £34.99 and Ultegra levers have gone up by £20.

Daffy

chakaping

I’m not being a dick about this (honest), but in what sense are you using the word “should”?

Legally? Morally? Logistically? Commercially?

Never thought you were – I guess it’s just a perception thing. I know that Wiggle and CRC are the same company, so I just assumed that they’d use common stock and pricing.

I’ve ordered from both CRC and Wiggle this week because the prices are better on each site, but that means I’ve ended with several parcels, rather than just one. it hasn’t cost me more, but it’s just wasteful, y’know?

chakaping
    Free Member

As a reasonably regular customer of both, my perception is they’re just in a bit of a mess post-merger ATM.

In terms of both CS and the pricing/delivery side.

And at the same time they’re probably trialing different pricing strategies on an A/B testing basis.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Slightly different but bought things off both in last 2 weeks. Ordered from Wiggle Tues night and arrived free delivery on Thurs. Ordered from CRC on Mon free delivery and didn’t arrive til Sat late afternoon. CRC are not what they used to be and being pissed on by ‘sister’ brand in terms of delivery.

They both come from the same warehouse in the West Midlands now so that’s probably just down to luck.

Dunno how they’ve managed to go backwards though, surely in the last ~15 years they should have gotten even more efficient, it used to be pretty much next day via royal mail, now at best it’s 2-3 days. Some of that is just because hermes is cheaper/slower, but why is the warehouse slower to ships stuff. Used be order by 3pm (or often a lot later) and it would be picked, posted, on the overnight ferry and be with you by lunchtime. Surely it should at least be on a lorry just as quickly.

As a reasonably regular customer of both, my perception is they’re just in a bit of a mess post-merger ATM.

Rumor is that they’re getting ready to sell again, hence a lot of the bargains to be had on stuff like odd colored bar tape. Makes the turnover look good and warehousing look cheaper if you get rid of the stuff that’s been sat on a shelf for ages.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle/CRC Pricing.’ is closed to new replies.