Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Wiggle/CRC – it’s all the same stock, right?
  • IHN

I’m after an Elemnt Bolt, both Wiggle and CRC are saying they’re out of stock. They’re both coming out of the same warehouse, right? So when one has it back in stock, they both will?

DezB
    Free Member

I doubt it – Wiggle has a huge warehouse down the road from me near Portsmouth.. CRC are based in Ireland…

If I order from Wiggle it’s usually next day del, CRC 2-3 days.

euans2
    Free Member

Pretty sure they are both in the same warehouse now, sometimes when I order from CRC it comes in Wiggle packaging

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2 Locations and different stuff in both locations, they were consolidating so that CRC sent out some stuff while the wiggle place did the rest. The 2 brand names are valuable and make people think there is still some competition in the market

chakaping
    Free Member

CRC warehousing has moved to a joint facility in the Midlands IIRC.

Dunno if Wiggle also still use the Hampshire facility Dez mentions, which could explain differing in stock availability on certain items.

cyclelife
    Free Member

One big warehouse in Bilston West Mids.

IHN

So, to summarise:

No

Yes

Kind of

Sometimes

Yes

Good Old STW 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://road.cc/content/news/209405-wigglecrc-300-chain-reaction-jobs-face-axe-northern-ireland

A statement released by WiggleCRC said: “As part of the review we are aware that delivery, including later order cut-offs and speed, is becoming increasingly important for customers and a highly competitive area for all etailers.”

It said to remain competitive in the UK and global markets the majority of distribution will be through a Wolverhampton warehouse facility, with the potential loss of 152 direct employees and 161 agency workers.

“This necessary step, will require the relocation of significant warehouse activities currently in Doagh, Carrickfergus and Ballyclare,” the statement said. “As part of this proposal, bikes and frames, including bike assembly handling activities and our wheel build operation would remain in Ballyclare.”

From 2016, not sure of the final position since then

z1ppy

I had a warranty issue with CRC, that a friend who works in the Walsall warehouse asked the wiggle warranty ppl about (same company after all), they could not see on their system. A crap load of stuff has been shipped over toe CRC to the walsall/Bilston site, so I was surprised that CRC (ireland?) were still operating at all Someone on here last week was after a bike that CRC were out of stock but Wiggle had stock, he asked about it and CRC said no…

So in conclusion, it’s not quite as joined up as you’d think

cyclelife
    Free Member

Why do the same old names keep writing bollox on this site.

Don’t post facts unless they are!

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s exactly as IHN summarized 🙂

angeldust
    Free Member

Why do the same old names keep writing bollox on this site.

Don’t post facts unless they are!

HaHaHaHa good luck with that buddy!

rOcKeTdOg

Wiggle has a huge warehouse down the road from me near Portsmouth

Wolverhampton now innit, they don’t send out Black country scratchings instead of Haribo though 🙁

cyclelife
    Free Member

Bottle of Holdens Glow would be much appreciated 🙂

dovebiker

I ordered something from CRC yesterday – it was dispatched this morning and arrived by lunchtime – in Hampshire. Guessing it didn’t come from Ireland.

escrs
    Free Member

Wiggle only have their office staff based in Portsmouth now

Their warehouse is now located somewhere up north where i heard its quite grim (im a southern softie!)

somouk
    Free Member

The new warehouse is at the end of the road from me and has both Wiggle and CRC signs on it.

It’s just off J10 of the M6.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

It’s a ridiculous situation: I ordered a front brake from CRC and a matching rear brake from wiggle as it was cheaper by about £25 to order them separately one from CRC and one from Wiggle.

They turned up on the same day, delivered by the same courier in two separate wiggle boxes both sent from Bilston warehouse.

The pickers initials looked identical…

craighill
    Free Member

wiggle still send me haribo, CRC do not, must be separate 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just wait till wiggle send you a CRC box and CRC send you a wiggle box.. .

andyrm
    Free Member

Stock allocations – it may be the same parent company, but sometimes you’ll see a product on promo on one site but full price on the other, then vice versa a month later. Gives them maximum bite of the cherry financially, maximum “stocks getting low” based fear of loss, and so maximum sales opportunity. There’s some very smart people working there who I imagine know exactly what to sell on what site, when, and for how much % discount to maximise what they make. The dataset around their consumers must be phenomenal, so with the right analytics they’ll be able to do a hell of a lot, and fair play to them for doing so.

TheGingerOne

Good conspiracy theory there Andyrm, but that will not be how it works!

I would have thought due to customer confidentiality and data protection, no data can pass between the ‘shops’. They will have merged a lot of back end processes etc to cut costs such as the warehousing, but the ordering and stock supply and purchasing etc will still be separate I would have thought, hence why there is still CRC office in Belfast and Wiggle office in Portsmouth

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle/CRC – it’s all the same stock, right?’ is closed to new replies.