Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • wiggle cardboard boxes… who has a tape measure handy?
  • charliedontsurf

Hi Chaps,

Anyone got one of those maaaaasive cardboard boxes that wiggle ship complete bikes in?

Be a darling and pop out to garage, its not as cold as it looks, and tell me what the height / length / width dimensions are. Nice one, cheers.

Salsa have been cunning and got their box size right down, great for international shipping, but cruddy for posting assembled bikes.

Thanks

Charlie

ctznsmith
    Free Member

From memory a Dawes box is approx 180cm x 30 cm x 80 cm. They’re not fully built but pretty close (bars off, steerer turned, saddle/seapost out, front wheel by side). Can measure one tomorrow if you want.

Interested to see how big a wiggle box is.

charliedontsurf

well getting a fat bike in a normal box is not working… I am going to have to get some boxes made up.
    C

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Hahaha bloody hell, you didn’t mention that. I feel your pain working out box sizes sucks.

What size box does an on-one fatty ship in?

MrTall
    Free Member

The Canyon bikes ship in a fairly hefty box which is wider than most?

And Charlie, i’ll be ringing you soon to talk about a Krampus, any news on delivery dates as yet? Very tempted indeed. 🙂

martinhurton
    Free Member

If it’s any help I shipped a 19″ frame today. The box (bike box from Halfords) was 900mm long, 600mm high, and 200mm wide. With the bars and wheels off I reckon it would have fitted a complete bike at a squeeze.

charliedontsurf

Mr tall… Next Friday. But sssh or everyone will want one.

JoeG
    Free Member

My Fatty boxes:

Frame 43L x 31H x 9.5D
    Wheels 26H x 23L x 12D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘wiggle cardboard boxes… who has a tape measure handy?’ is closed to new replies.