Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 301 total)
  • Wiggins Giro (spoiler)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks thoroughly grim. Heard they are taking all GC times from the 3k marker, not the finish. Still likely to be carnage in the final few k’s.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

yeh, they just said that on eurosport (at least thats what i think he mumbled).

Thats pretty sensible really. I’m a bit surprised they haven’t neutralised the stage

samuri
    Free Member

The Guardian are reporting that Wiggins has claimed to have a cold and chest infection in an interview on Italian TV.

Nah, that’s just a normal Chorley accent.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Great photo on the Guardian website:

weeksy

Damn, Wiggins is done….

llama

wiggo not looking to good

don’t know what happened but 1 min down with 20k to go

llama

reckon he’ll retire

leffeboy

looks like he’s blown and the rest of the team have just gone. The times have started to come down fast 🙁

cheers_drive

Unless he is genuinely sick or injured I will lose all respect for him if he retires.
    He has to give respect to his fellow racers by carrying on.
    edit – didn’t pick up on the latest news to know he has a chest infection.

llama

2min off the pink group

rusty90
    Free Member

Wiggins 2 minutes off the back. Looks like it could be over for him.

b45her
    Free Member

abandonment imminent me thinks.

weeksy

cheers_drive – Member
    Unless he is genuinely sick or injured I will lose all respect for him if he retires.
    He has to give respect to his fellow racers by carrying on

I honestly couldn’t see him struggling this much on a stage like this unless he was sick.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

He has to give respect to his fellow racers by carrying on.

If he wasn’t genuinely ill he would have bridged that gap with very little assistance. It would be helpful if he could tough it out for a couple of days (even if it’s in the grupetto) so that he can come back and do a job for Uran in the last week. But if he feels the best course of action would be to retire, recharge and be ready for the tour then that would sound like a sensible plan.

mudshark
    Free Member

soobalias – Member

“bit of a cold”
    ?
    MTFU Wiggins

Hmmm, riding hard with a cold isn’t recommended really is it?

asterix
    Free Member

recon the weather isnt helping anyone with a chest infection!

JCL
    Free Member

People are saying the same about Ryder being sick. I think it’s more like they’ve realised they’re not half the men Evans and Nibali are and they’re having mental issues 🙂

llama

gap going up, 9k to go but only 6k of racing

out of contention for sure

llama

oh well at least cav is on form

asterix
    Free Member

in’t Cav brilliant! 100 wins 😀

leffeboy

Steegmans lead out was great as well

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Amazing sprint for Cav. He looked more battered than i have seen a cyclist at the finish. Totally shattered. Amazing!!

butcher

Yes, he’s normally quite animated over the line. Looked like he was going to keel over today. Total machine.

asterix
    Free Member

you should have seen Cancellara after winning the Paris-Roubaix – he couldn’t stand!

taxi25
    Free Member

Just watched this. Wiggins is a sick man, get of your bike now !! Nothing to prove to internet pundits, get well and focus on your next goal.
    Cav !! I don’t do hero’s but your getting close.

mooman
    Free Member

Injury or sickness excuse was on cards as soon as the TT didnt go to plan..

Edric64
    Free Member

Th tt went to plan fine but he had a puncture he would have won it easily but for that

JCL
    Free Member

Yeah I don’t know what to make of it all. I think his uselessness on the descents must make him feel like a right knob. Plus seeing his teammate attack and his competitors counter and then getting dropped. He’s an unbelievable TT and Pursuit rider but was last year just a thin year competition wise and a incredibly strong team?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Such a shame, Wiggs looks dead on his clips, poor lad.

I’d recommend he et off, rest, eat pies and drink a pint or two of Black Sheep, that’ll fix him. Carrying on will not help him nor the team.. Off you go son, back to bed.

T’is a shame Uran and Heano were pulled back early on in the race for Wiggs eh Brailsford…

What’s Kath have to say on Twitter, anyone??

Tom-B
    Free Member

How was last year a thin year competition wise? Yeah there was no Bertie, but Evans,Nibs and Gesink were all Wiggo’s competition at the Tour…..and are all at the Giro this year!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ay up, Wiggs is out, Cyclingnews has a statement from Brailsford.. Uran FTW or in the top 3 at least..

Go Uran!!!

Shame Brads has pulled out, he deffo needs that pint now.. Off you go son.

Edit, should add Ryders out too…

Digger90
    Free Member

I know how Wiggo’s feeling… having just had my traditional ‘summer cold’ at this time of year and suffering like a dog on the bike!

This Giro is exciting innit? It’s turning out to be nothing like anyone thought it would be beforehand… I mean:

– who would’ve thought Wiggo would be out of it?

– that Cadel would be on fire and challenging for teh lead?

– that there would be a repeat of the Sky “who’s the leader” intrigue but with different riders?

– that Ryder Hesjedal would implode so badly?

.. and finally, how about that rain???

Exciting times! 😀

tinsy
    Free Member

Dunno why, I now seem to have some kind of Sky are all heros mentality, I would like to Uran take the win now, with full team behind him.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey Hesjedal is out too.

Wiggo and Hesjedal at the TdF with a point to prove?

weeksy

shocks all round …. Interresting race i must say…

You have to love the way things can swing and change with a drop of form that you rarely see in many other sports..

crazy-legs

It’s a shame they pulled Uran back from the front group to help Wiggins early on, he’d be well up there on GC now, much closer to Nibali and Evans.

Sky messed it up the previous time when Wiggins crashed out of the TdF, they pulled the whole team over to wait for him. Geraint Thomas was 4th on GC and wearing the white jersey at the time – I know G was never going to win the Tour but white was a realistic prospect. But making the whole team wait until they realised Brad couldn’t continue was a massive waste. G lost white and plummeted down the standings and for the rest of the Tour they were scrapping about looking to get in the break.

That “Wiggins at all costs” attitude isn’t helpful.

duckman

soobalias – Member
    “bit of a cold”
    ?
    MTFU Wiggins

Posted 1 day ago # Report-Post

Don’t mock the afflicted

http://manflu.info/

Best Giro for years.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ agreed ^^

But for the Tour I guess it’ll be ” Froome at all costs ” too..

cp

It’s a shame they pulled Uran back from the front group to help Wiggins early on

The wonders of hindsight!

That “Wiggins at all costs” attitude isn’t helpful.

But they’re a team hell bent on winning, so will put all eggs in one basket, as oppose to coming 2nd or 3rd or 10th or whatever they end up if they spread support.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 301 total)

The topic ‘Wiggins Giro (spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.