Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • WIFI Connections in Huez / Oisan
  • mk1fan
    Free Member

I’m heading out for the Mega Avalanche in July and then heading on to Morzine. Neither of the apartments I’ve booked have got internet connections. I’ve got free Wifi sorted in Morzine – Cheers Nick at The Search MTB for your help – but what about in Oisan?

Does anyone know where I can get a reliable, free wifi connection to use?

Happy trails,

SST
    Free Member

There’s certainly an internet cafe at the top of Alpe du Huez, next to the big pool, and I saw a guy sitting on the pavement outside with a laptop . . . . not positive it was a free connection he was using though.

mk1fan
    Free Member

I’m not carrying a laptop with me on the Mega!!

My pants internet searching abbilities don’t seem to be finding much info but I think I’ve found couple of what I thnk are cafes with wifi. And a Pay as you Go option with a firm called Trustive.

I think the easiest option is to turn up and ask people in a typically English manor.

aP
    Free Member

“I say, as the squire of this here manor, I demand free wifi access, Msr Froggy”.
    or.
    stutter, stutter, wring hands, look sheepish, affect a very apologetic manner, ask nicely in very bad Frenglish.

mk1fan
    Free Member

In a ‘This is my manor now, now where’s the wi-fi you slag?’ 😀

peteimpreza

There is free Wi-Fi in Bourg d’Oisans at the base of Alpe d’Huez.

To be precise at the Cafe next to the bike shop in the centre of town.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Beaut, cheers for the info :mrgreen:

peteimpreza

I mean the bigger of the two bike shops in the main street. The Wi-Fi is not broadcast by the Cafe but by the Council. You can just hang around in the vicinity and log on if you wish. IIRC you have to register with the councils site to get the free access.

There are probably other hot spots as well. I just like the Cafe and the cakes. Not forgetting their ice cream of course!

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

The Alpe d’Huez pool cafe is free so long as you buy a drink.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘WIFI Connections in Huez / Oisan’ is closed to new replies.